Alternate Source for XR650L Turn Signal Relay

1 reply to this topic
  • Doghouse_Riley

Posted November 28, 2007 - 12:08 AM

I need to replace my turn signal relay on my XRL. OEM from BikeBandit is $42:shocked: Anybody got a p/n for a car version that'll work (and be cheaper)?

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • absynth01

Posted November 28, 2007 - 05:09 AM

Go buy a standard automotive flasher, and just plug it in. Don't buy a heavy duty relay. Those tend not to work with custom lighting. I use these on the DR and my XR because they are using smaller lights. The stock suzuki relay(rubber mounted and square) doesn't work with a smaller bulb, or if you blow a bulb. The Baja kit on the XR came with an automotive flasher. As for the XRL, I haven't put my new blinker kit on yet, but will have to use one also. Just ask your parts store for the cheapest auto blinker relay. I paid about 3.50 at Napa and 1.50 at my local store.:thumbsup:

Related Content

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.