Need Help street legaling 07wr450 in California

1 reply to this topic
  • mikeythefokker

Posted November 27, 2007 - 10:15 PM

I know, I know, I know. It is complicated, supposedly not possible anymore, but people do it all the time. I live in California, in S.F. and I know that there is a guy in the bay area who street legals dirt bikes, but when I spoke with him he was rude and said that he charged $2000. Both reasons why I don't think I will be dealing with him. Putting a hi/lo beam, turn signals, brake lights, are all things that I know I will have to do, and won't be a problem. Trick dual sport and baja designs have me covered there. DOT tires too. But where do I take it from there? I have heard that you only get one shot at passing the dmv inspection thing. I don't know if I would be up for tearing the whole beast down and doing the whole "special build" title for the frame, but if that is the only way, then maybe I'd consider it. Let me know what you guys have done since the laws changed in 04. What has worked for you? What hasn't? Thanks. Also, if you don't want to tell the whole world you can send the message privately.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • ETP

Posted November 29, 2007 - 02:48 PM

I know, I know, I know. It is complicated, supposedly not possible anymore, but people do it all the time. I live in California, in S.F. and I know that there is a guy in the bay area who street legals dirt bikes, but when I spoke with him he was rude and said that he charged $2000. Both reasons why I don't think I will be dealing with him. Putting a hi/lo beam, turn signals, brake lights, are all things that I know I will have to do, and won't be a problem. Trick dual sport and baja designs have me covered there. DOT tires too. But where do I take it from there? I have heard that you only get one shot at passing the dmv inspection thing. I don't know if I would be up for tearing the whole beast down and doing the whole "special build" title for the frame, but if that is the only way, then maybe I'd consider it. Let me know what you guys have done since the laws changed in 04. What has worked for you? What hasn't? Thanks. Also, if you don't want to tell the whole world you can send the message privately.

What worked a while back no longer does.
Call the dual sport companies. They will be able to tell you if its possible to get a plate these days.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.