exhaust system or Zip-Ty racing carb mod?

26 replies to this topic
  • Huckster

Posted January 19, 2008 - 12:12 PM

I did the ZipTy carb mod, rode it for a bit and then added a mega bomb. My impression was the ZipTy mod was more bang for the buck. The pipe maybe gave it a bit more snap, but the difference between stock and the carb mod was huge. Mine is an '07 as well and I run a 50 rear.

• yamiman450

Posted May 12, 2011 - 06:19 PM

Zip Ty is a rip off,I sent my carb to them and all they did is grind down my ex/pump rod, they told me to put in a bigger pilolet jet and the one in it was pluged so i know they dont take it all apart and clean it like they say.AND WORST OF ALL IT STILL HESITATES AND DIES LIKE ALWAYS SO THERE MOD DIDNT DO SHT .save your money.DONT TRUST ZIP TY .!!!!

• grayracer513

Posted May 13, 2011 - 07:17 AM

I don't suppose you talked to Zip Ty about your complaint before you jumped on the Internet and smeared the reputation of a company that has 100's of satisfied customers, did you?

The Zip Ty carb mod involves more than an AP mod, as detailed in this and other posts on the subject. I suggest that you take the matter up with ZT. Your comments are out of sync with the pattern of the large number of people who liked the results, so I think there's a correctable problem here, but no one on TT can help you with it.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • WRF Woods Weapon

Posted May 13, 2011 - 07:22 AM

Dial in that power from the carb by doing the mods first and the unleash the beast!

• dayvn

Posted May 13, 2011 - 11:20 AM

I had to go richer on my jetting when i got it back from zip-ty but it did make a very noticeable difference in power. Much more responsive. Almost too snappy on the bottom end!

• yamiman450

Posted May 14, 2011 - 08:18 PM

It is not 100% satisfaction because i wasn't satisfied.99.9 % might be but not me. It is water under the bridge now.I'm not smearing there name,just stating what happend to me so beware not every thing is as it seems.

• Aka.Goose

Posted May 15, 2011 - 12:01 AM

It is not 100% satisfaction because i wasn't satisfied.99.9 % might be but not me. It is water under the bridge now.I'm not smearing there name,just stating what happend to me so beware not every thing is as it seems.

Well, just throwing it out there that I've been very, very pleased with the Zip Ty mod...Helped with smoothness (never has any sputter or choppy fuel delivery), instant response, lessened backfiring, lessened the need for making adjustments for altitude and temperature, the R&D bowl eliminated floods on get offs, and it helped greatly with starting (1 or two kicks cold, one kick hot, every time, yes even after the bike has been laying on it's side)...All kinds of great things...
Is it going to make your bike more powerful or faster? No.
I also like Zip Ty's racing fluid...And have had good experience doing business with them...I have a couple friends that have also been pleased with the mod (another 07 yz450, and an 08 crf450)
I'd hate for someone to steer clear of the company just because only the bad experience was reported...

Related Content

Forums
Photo

Is it worth it? (Cam and High compression piston) by macgi77

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   CRF 150/230 F/L
  • Hot  36 replies
Forums
Photo

James Stewart back on a YZ450F by YamaLink

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  47 replies
Forums
Photo

Should I buy this bike? help....... by Numsa Hul

Dirt Bike   General Dirt Bike Forums   What bike should I buy?
  • 10 replies
Forums
Photo

2016 YZ450 by CaptainKnobby

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Technical Forums   Suspension
  • Hot  59 replies
Forums
Photo

The "going back to the other darkside" adventure... by Monk

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   KTM   250/350/450/505 SX-F & XC-F (4-Strokes)
  • Hot  113 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.