New 650r...

15 replies to this topic
  • miguelitro

Posted November 27, 2007 - 04:50 PM

i am getting serious about a new XR...mine is pretty old and beat up and though i would love to get a great deal on a used one i really want a NEW bike and I really dont want to fix mine up to sell it(needs a lot of stuff)

looks like i can get one for under 6g's befor trade in.

Please talk me into this:D

Mike

• atmotocrosser

Posted November 27, 2007 - 05:19 PM

JUST DO IT!!! You know it's an incredible bike and you won't regret your decision. This is especially true because Honda will not be making the 650R in 2008.

• HOTDAMN

Posted November 27, 2007 - 06:02 PM

Just do it but shop around, I don't think the models have changed much from year to year. Found an 05' last week with 57 miles on it for $3900. Was searching eBay, Cycle Trader, and Craigslist.

Posted Image

• Krannie McKranface

Posted November 27, 2007 - 06:20 PM

I see brand new ones for 5200.00 OTD in Cycle trader.
But I would buy a used one. I just bought one with a CA plate for $ 3k.
I looked for about two months, and in that time I saw hundreds of XR650R's for sale between 3-5k, lot's having barely been ridden.
By the way, there is NO difference in XRR's from 2001 to 2007.
Posted Image

• hondacrf150f1

Posted November 28, 2007 - 06:40 AM

well your out in california so im sure there are 06's and 07's just sitting around at dealers with great prices on them.

Out here in the NorthEast the BRP's are gone from almost all dealers, very few around. By this time next year there may be no such thing as a brand new XR650R. SO DO IT NOW!:thumbsup:

• miguelitro

Posted November 30, 2007 - 05:09 PM

I am going down to look this weekend. i am essentially at the point where my pig is simply worn out with more small problems than I care to deal with, so i just want to trade it in and walk away. At this point I really dont care what they give me for it because i feel like i have gotten my $$$ out of it(bought it used for 3500 a few years ago and race the hell out of it) Probly pull a few key parts, sell the crappy GPR off of it(still have a pretty new Scotts from my old xr600 sitting in a box!) and let the dealership worry about fixing it up, getting rid of it(if they will even take it LOL)

Anyone want a clapped out 650 for cheap with lots of problems:D

• rangerman

Posted November 30, 2007 - 05:12 PM

You can sure donate it to a poor kid that would put it to use like me...hell, I'll give you my 600.

• XR4DEZ

Posted November 30, 2007 - 06:19 PM

I am going down to look this weekend. i am essentially at the point where my pig is simply worn out with more small problems than I care to deal with, so i just want to trade it in and walk away. At this point I really dont care what they give me for it because i feel like i have gotten my $$$ out of it(bought it used for 3500 a few years ago and race the hell out of it) Probly pull a few key parts, sell the crappy GPR off of it(still have a pretty new Scotts from my old xr600 sitting in a box!) and let the dealership worry about fixing it up, getting rid of it(if they will even take it LOL)

Anyone want a clapped out 650 for cheap with lots of problems:D

I'm thinking the samething but when I called PC to get a price on desmoging and suspension they quoted me 1500 bucks or maybe a little less. I know setting everything up is not that hard but $1300.00 for suspension was a bit crazy. When they did my current XR the suspension was 600 bucks, what an increase fame has brought them.
You'll never find a more reliable bike and by the time you wear out the new one maybe someone will be making a 50lbs. lighter bike as reliable as the xr.:thumbsup:

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • cb60130

Posted December 01, 2007 - 08:49 AM

I don't know what part of CA you're in...but in Phoenix there is a Honda dealer with Brand new 07's listed at $4395.....You can't beat that with a stick!!!!
:thumbsup:

• jim1234

Posted December 01, 2007 - 09:44 AM

I'd get the newest year poss. The early 650's 00,01, and some 02's had clutch bushing problems. It can be fixed easily ,if the damage has not been done.

• XR4DEZ

Posted December 01, 2007 - 06:48 PM

I don't know what part of CA you're in...but in Phoenix there is a Honda dealer with Brand new 07's listed at $4395.....You can't beat that with a stick!!!!
:thumbsup:

If you buy out of state you'll get a red sticker when you reg it in CA.

• Aurora

Posted December 23, 2007 - 06:56 PM

:banghead:

Yeah, that is Western Honda. I went there because of that price. The price is just to get you into the door. They want $6,500 out the door after fees....

• hondacrf150f1

Posted December 24, 2007 - 09:29 AM

Yeah, that is Western Honda. I went there because of that price. The price is just to get you into the door. They want $6,500 out the door after fees....

$4400 is crazy....up here in the Northeast the 650R's are hard to come by, i ended up paying $6100 OTD for my 07, the owner of the dealer who always gives me awsome deals said he didnt make much at all becaues they get killed on freight.

• gqnugget

Posted December 24, 2007 - 10:28 AM

How about a used '07 with about an hour of time on it and I have the bike tagged/registered, but is in stock trim currently (except for a couple of holes in rear fender where the tag was).

• miguelitro

Posted December 24, 2007 - 06:29 PM

i found an 07 hardley ridden, stock tires with nubs on em still, and damned if the bike had ever been dropped or had boots rubbed on her for 4800$ out the door. It has all the hrc parts to breath, the animal house design footpeg fix, and a few other goodies.

Rode it yesterday and it is great! just like my last bike i loved, but newer and i know that it doesn't have the problem that plagued me before.

I'm sure this piggie will be crossing some finish lines in '08

Mike

• Suikerland

Posted December 25, 2007 - 06:40 AM

Outside the US we're paying about $6,300 for brand new, Euro-version of the 650R... that's with brighter headlight / glass lens, fully street legal & plated, analog speedometer, turn-signals, dual filament tail/brake light, and fully uncorked / unrestricted.

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.