The Dr doing what the Dr does best.....

29 replies to this topic
  • Ga426owner

Posted November 28, 2007 - 07:18 AM

You know what he does more than 90% of all of us? :thumbsup:
He knows how to really twist the throttle......w/o the fear factor at the right time on every part of any track
his bike is completely set up for himself, suspension, ergos etc....
he knows what the Yamis best lines on any track will be prior to even riding the track
he is a very controlled rider
and he is over 40
and he is apparently still having a blast do it!

So all of you complaining about no power here, no power there on a 08.......why don't you try twisting the throttle a little more, a little sooner and leave it twisted a little longer........it looks like the 08 works just fine with a few mods:thumbsup:

• hi everybody

Posted November 29, 2007 - 06:04 PM

he's ripping pretty good in this one

http://www.transworl...485303,00.html#

• vpmx

Posted November 29, 2007 - 06:47 PM

So, then, his bike handles significantly worse than the Honda that he turned inside of? Ain't buying it.

Gray - we don't know each other well enough - I was just having some fun being a smartass. Was hoping you could tell by the way I said what I did. No offense.

Dubach's a great racer. I still have 10 Yamaha's on my team next year compared to 5 Honda's. Even though I love my new Honda, I'm still a fan of all bikes.

• hi everybody

Posted November 29, 2007 - 07:38 PM

ya think?

well hey...theres always the chance he falls and breaks....well...everypart on his bike :thumbsup:

• grayracer513

Posted November 29, 2007 - 11:54 PM

Gray - we don't know each other well enough - I was just having some fun being a smartass. Was hoping you could tell by the way I said what I did. No offense.

None taken. Sarcasm and stuff is harder to spot in print than in person, though. :thumbsup:

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • vpmx

Posted November 30, 2007 - 02:25 AM

Man - look at what a hard time Josh Hill is having on his Yamaha :thumbsup:

• Ga426owner

Posted November 30, 2007 - 07:59 AM

Man - look at what a hard time Josh Hill is having on his Yamaha :busted:

yea buddy definitely a handling issue and carb problem....he needs new clamps and a Zipty mod to get that bike to work right...:thumbsup:
Funny I know a couple of riders that share his Goon style and don't realize it :busted:

• Wiz636

Posted November 30, 2007 - 08:53 AM

Man - look at what a hard time Josh Hill is having on his Yamaha :thumbsup:

Lol...I think that is even better than the DV goon video!

• vpmx

Posted November 30, 2007 - 09:12 AM

yea buddy definitely a handling issue and carb problem....he needs new clamps and a Zipty mod to get that bike to work right...:thumbsup:
Funny I know a couple of riders that share his Goon style and don't realize it :busted:

It is sad, but that's probably how I would look if I tried to go that fast over those jumps or whoops. That's even my race number!

• SUnruh

Posted November 30, 2007 - 11:53 AM

Number what? Isn't there another number plate like that floating around on a Blue bike?

oh oh i have the answer gray.

John Force

his yamaha just happens to be in the shape of well, um, geee, a uh, um, ford mustang. but i'm telling ya, it's a blue yamaha at heart!
blue oval - blue yamaha - same thing!

now maybe john can't corner as well as doug, but in a straight line i don't think there is really a question who would win. when john isn't testing out guardrail toughness that is. :thumbsup:
he kind of voided the warrenty on the paint job a few months ago here in texas. i think after that little incident john might have as many injuries as doug has had. kind of funny, they don't live but like 30 minutes apart.

Related Content

Forums
Photo

yz250x vs 450 4t comparisons (preferably desert riding) needed by JakeNorthrupYZ450F

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   Yamaha 2-Stroke
  • 9 replies
Reviews

Yamaha YZ450F 2017 by Chris.GVS

Yamaha YZ450F 2017
  • - - - - -
  • 0 reviews
Forums
Photo

James Stewart back on a YZ450F by YamaLink

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  47 replies
Forums
Photo

Megabomb Fitment by 288yz450

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • 1 reply
Forums
Photo
Motocross

Thinking about Yamaha 250... by Arctic Pride

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  491 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.