07 handlebar ?

6 replies to this topic
  • mavis0826

Posted November 27, 2007 - 12:50 PM

I just picked up a 07 wr450. What are the handlebar specs. How much rise,width and the bend. I want taller bars but I don't know what to compare them to.

• SXP

Posted November 27, 2007 - 09:54 PM

I just picked up a 07 wr450. What are the handlebar specs. How much rise,width and the bend. I want taller bars but I don't know what to compare them to.

If you are planning on getting a damper for the bike you might want to consider the Scotts sub mount kit as that raises the bar a good 1 inch or so. I'm 6'3" and it works well for me. This way you get to keep the good stock bar and save some money.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

• Wiz636

Posted November 28, 2007 - 10:45 AM

I think the stock bars are the Pro Taper 'YZ High Bend'. If you want taller bars I would suggest the Pro Taper 'Pastrana FMX' bend...they about the tallest bar out there. I am 6' 2" and am very happy with them.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • SXP

Posted November 28, 2007 - 11:22 AM

I think the stock bars are the Pro Taper 'YZ High Bend'. If you want taller bars I would suggest the Pro Taper 'Pastrana FMX' bend...they about the tallest bar out there. I am 6' 2" and am very happy with them.

I run the Pastranas on my WR400 with the conventionally mounted Scotts damper but with a pretty tall riser (cant remember the exact height). I like it, but it is narrower than the stock 07 bars. I am a little more upright with this setup than I am on my 07 with the Scotts submount kit.

• mavis0826

Posted November 28, 2007 - 03:30 PM

Thanks for the info. I have been looking at the Pastrana bar. Is the width a good thing or a bad thing.

• SXP

Posted November 28, 2007 - 04:58 PM

Thanks for the info. I have been looking at the Pastrana bar. Is the width a good thing or a bad thing.

Just depends. In tight woods style riding it's probably a good thing. Out here in California it really doesn't matter. I do get more turning leverage from the 07 bars as they are wider than the Pastrana bars on the 99, but it's not enough of a difference to base a buying decision on (IMHO).

• SXP

Posted November 28, 2007 - 06:54 PM

Here's a comparison: 99 WR400 with the Pastrana on the left and 07 WR450 with the OEM ProTaper on the right.

I didn't realize how much lower the 450 sits (seat height) compared to the 400 until I brought them together for these pics.

Posted Image

Posted Image

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.