Shorter silencer for 2006 yam yz450f

8 replies to this topic
  • snakekiller

Posted November 27, 2007 - 11:27 AM

Does anyone know of any silencer that is shorter thans the stock silencer, it seems to stick out way to far and makes bike look heavy . Or any other ideas for the exhaust.

• grayracer513

Posted November 27, 2007 - 12:29 PM

Most of the aftermarket pipe systems are shorter than the OEM silencer by at least an inch or more.

• Justin89

Posted November 28, 2007 - 02:27 PM

I have the FMF 4.1 and it seems to barely stick out compared to the OEM exhausts. Dr.D's are awesome pipes as well, but they also seem to stick out kinda far.

• TapptOut

Posted November 28, 2007 - 09:28 PM

Yeah. FMF is probably the shortest.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • yzfmxer

Posted November 29, 2007 - 02:47 PM

Cut a few inches off of the stock silencer if you don't want to spend the money for a slip on or full system. Take a look at www.mrd-racing.com he will make one as short as you like. Please keep in mind the noise output, no one like's an extremely loud bike.

• yz_for_me

Posted November 29, 2007 - 04:18 PM

Depends on how short you want to go and what your willing to give up to get it. The '08 stock silencer is much shorter (doesn't protrude beyond the side panel at all), but it's not really a great performer. I'm sure it would bolt right up to your '06 with an '08 head pipe.

• 2012 450 xc-w

Posted November 29, 2007 - 06:07 PM

Good advice as far as sound goes. I am running FMF Q4 Ti and love it. It's definitely shorter than stock and nobody hates riding behind me now.

• Ranger18

Posted November 29, 2007 - 06:25 PM

Cut a few inches off of the stock silencer if you don't want to spend the money for a slip on or full system. Take a look at www.mrd-racing.com he will make one as short as you like. Please keep in mind the noise output, no one like's an extremely loud bike.

You don't need to ask for a short pipe, because his pipes are already really short. He designed the mid pipe different, so the actual silencer is not super short, but the way it sits in the bike makes it look real short.
Posted Image

• rmzRacer293

Posted November 29, 2007 - 07:47 PM

You don't need to ask for a short pipe, because his pipes are already really short. He designed the mid pipe different, so the actual silencer is not super short, but the way it sits in the bike makes it look real short.
Posted Image

Hope you dont mind but your bike is now the background on my desktop. That is the coolest bike on TT. Hopefully I will get those graphics this winter. :thumbsup: :busted: :busted:

Related Content

Forums
Photo

yz250x vs 450 4t comparisons (preferably desert riding) needed by JakeNorthrupYZ450F

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   Yamaha 2-Stroke
  • 9 replies
Forums
Photo

Megabomb Fitment by 288yz450

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • 1 reply
Forums
Photo

100 hrs on 2014 yz450f, shim valves or replace them? by ttr230rider6

• Hot  79 replies
Forums
Photo

2016 YZ450 by CaptainKnobby

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Technical Forums   Suspension
  • Hot  59 replies
Forums
Photo

YZ450F 03 Sparks driving me crazy by SirAttard

• 5 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.