Handlebars

9 replies to this topic
  • rangerman

Posted November 27, 2007 - 10:30 AM

I don't know if this is the place for it but my handlebars are really really crappy and they are bent too. I don't want the local $18 handle bars, so which one should I get? I want a normal feel, not a cr500 high rise, but a close to stock. Thanks

• xr650rkyle

Posted November 27, 2007 - 01:10 PM

For a good price and decent quality check out Rocky Mountain ATV's web site and buy their brand of handlebars, many kinds..

Link:
www.rockymountainatv.com

• rangerman

Posted November 27, 2007 - 01:23 PM

Thanks, what's the benefit of having high rise cr handle bars?

• martinfan30

Posted November 27, 2007 - 01:25 PM

more comfy while standing. i am 6'5" and use 2" PIVOTING risers. they will let you move the bars forward as well as up.

• sploogemonkey

Posted November 27, 2007 - 01:31 PM

I bought my bike ('00 XR600R) used with a set of Renthal bars on it. They're pretty thick aluminum with the bolt-on cross brace and they seem to be a medium rise.

I'm 6'3" tall, and when I'm standing on the pegs, lo-rise bars make me feel like I'm riding hunched over. I always adjust my bars to attain the highest possible grip without making my wrists feel awkward.

When I'm standing on the pegs, I like to keep my shoulders as squared as possible instead of rounded and hunched over. It reduces neck fatigue too since I don't have to strain my neck to look ahead.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • rangerman

Posted November 27, 2007 - 02:15 PM

Oh I see. I now know what you mean. Like you can't stand all the way up, because you have to hold onto the bars, and if they were higher then you could stand up. I am 6'2", so I will probably get those. So, do I have to get new triple clamps, or do they even make them? Is mine 7/8"? Thanks

• martinfan30

Posted November 27, 2007 - 02:26 PM

if you go with the roxspeedfx 2" PIVOTING RISERS, you need nothing.

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

• rangerman

Posted November 27, 2007 - 03:14 PM

How much do they cost? What bars do you have? Will the risers work for my bike? Thanks

• martinfan30

Posted November 27, 2007 - 07:21 PM

those are stock bars and yes they will work on yours.

mine were free as a test product, but i hear they are 40-50 bucks.

i just really like the forward adjustment of them.

• rangerman

Posted November 27, 2007 - 08:35 PM

I have bent bars. So mine need to go, and mine are for some reason really wide, I don't think they are stock.

Related Content

Forums
Photo

2015 XR650L Squeaking noise by Crayjay

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   XR600/650
  • 3 replies
Forums
Photo

DirttyPig 2005 Xr650l Prroject! by braapmebb1moretime

• 22 replies
Reviews

Honda XR650L 2017 by Chris.GVS

Honda XR650L 2017
  • - - - - -
  • 0 reviews
Forums
Photo

ignitech programmable XR650L CDI by brianhare

• Hot  60 replies
Wiki
Want to add a kickstart to your XR650L?  Here's how - last post by clc3251

Want to add a kickstart to your XR650L? Here's how

Articles
  • 0 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.