Help! Xr500r 1982 Torque Specs

6 replies to this topic
  • poliveira1

Posted November 27, 2007 - 04:12 AM

Hi,
I've been looking on the internet for a couple of weeks now and can't find the cylinder head torque specs for 82 XR500R. Does anybody have them.
Also looking for piston to bore clrearance as I'm re-boring to an oversize piston.

Many thanks
Paul

• Owyhee

Posted November 27, 2007 - 06:48 AM

If you don't get an answer here you should repost this in the vintage forum.

"O"

• cleonard

Posted November 27, 2007 - 09:34 AM

I've got a book at home. If no one else posts it, I do it in about 8 hours.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Horri

Posted November 27, 2007 - 12:00 PM

I've been looking on the internet for a couple of weeks now and can't find the cylinder head torque specs for 82 XR500R. Does anybody have them.
Also looking for piston to bore clrearance as I'm re-boring to an oversize piston.

The 82 is the non RFVC engine So assuming that,,,,

Cylinder head bolts torque is 7-10 ft/lbs.Cylinder head nuts are 16-20ft/lbs Piston to cylinder clearance is 0.0004" -0 .0006", wear limit is 0.004". Piston ring end gaps, Top/2nd 0.0116" - 0.0197"

Thats from my Haynes manual.

• poliveira1

Posted November 27, 2007 - 08:37 PM

Thankyou very much for your help on this, yes it's the non RFVC engine. I forgort to ask but if you have the tappet clearence's would greatly appreciate them.
Once again thanks very much.
Paul

• cleonard

Posted November 28, 2007 - 08:09 AM

Thankyou very much for your help on this, yes it's the non RFVC engine. I forgort to ask but if you have the tappet clearence's would greatly appreciate them.
Once again thanks very much.
Paul

My Clymer manual says

intake .05mm
exhaust .10mm

• poliveira1

Posted November 28, 2007 - 08:46 PM

Many thanks for all your help.
Cheers

Related Content

Forums
Photo

Post Apocalypse, ThumperTalk style! by Justin Pearson

Dirt Bike   General Dirt Bike Forums   General Dirt Bike Discussion
  • Hot  35 replies
Forums
Photo

Would a Young Scott Summers still be Competitive today on an XR600R? What would he ride to be competitive today? by Jayzonk

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  158 replies
Forums
Photo

93 xr650l Restoration Project by Zigster

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   XR600/650
  • 17 replies
Reviews

Honda XR650L 2016 by Chris.GVS

Honda XR650L 2016
  • - - - - -
  • 0 reviews
Forums
Photo

XR650L super moto wheels by greggkklee

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   XR600/650
  • Hot  28 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.