Used bike market

5 replies to this topic
  • Shawbridge Husky

Posted October 03, 2002 - 06:33 AM

I've advertised my '99 YZ-400 for second time this year, once in summer and now, both times in Trader magazines. ( with nice picture! ) Not even one call received so far. I'm asking 4600.00 Canadian ( About 2900.00 USF ) Is it me or is the market very bad at this time? :)

• Bill

Posted October 03, 2002 - 01:34 PM

Hugh,

Your price seems very resonable to me but, if I sold mine, I'd probably ask for more. I also realize the bike probably wouldn't sell. The reason...... we have 400's. 426's are selling for the price your asking and soon, when the used 450's hit the market it'll only get worse.

I won't sell mine, I'll convert it to motard and ride it on the street and then buy the latest and greatest. The only other option would be to let the dealer have it on trade. :)

IMHO

Bill

• PMAUST

Posted October 03, 2002 - 07:08 PM

Hugh, I think Bill is right. Your bike is pretty dated already. These things just don't hold their value. Just be glad you didn't spend 8 thousand U.S. for a KTM! :)

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • yzboy

Posted October 08, 2002 - 10:29 AM

Hugh, ever thought about putting your bike on E-Bay? My bro and I have sold two bikes on E-Bay. We got the price out of them we were asking. :)

• YAMAKAZE

Posted October 09, 2002 - 08:09 AM

Season has alot to do with it as well. Down here you can't sell anything unless it floats....Bike season is just now begining. I have watched the same used bikes sitting in front of dealers buildings since about mid-may....They are just starting to move. Your price is more than fair. Be Patient....ALmost everyones economy suck right now, E-Bay seems like a good option too me.

Good Luck,

Bonzai :)

• Shawbridge Husky

Posted October 11, 2002 - 06:46 AM

Thanks for the replies Guys! I have decided to keep the '99 for a couple more years after all by doing uprades in the off season. A powder coat and '02 front plate and fender is in the offing. I can't justify dishing out 9200.00 canadian for a 450! And yes there are lots of '02 426's sitting around selling for cost.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.