The XR tank bugaboo

4 replies to this topic
  • spotsboss

Posted November 26, 2007 - 12:04 PM

Since the carb is fed by fuel in the right side of the tank, has anyone come up with a way to get fuel in the left side of the tank over to the right side, other than leaning the bike over?

Appreciate any feedback you guys might have...

:thumbsup:

• martinfan30

Posted November 26, 2007 - 12:07 PM

Since the carb is fed by fuel in the right side of the tank, has anyone come up with a way to get fuel in the left side of the tank over to the right side, other than leaning the bike over?

Appreciate any feedback you guys might have...

:thumbsup:

is it possible to drill out and fit 2 fittings at the bottom of the tank that make both sides shared?

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • cleonard

Posted November 26, 2007 - 01:20 PM

In the dirt it is not too much of an issue. You bounce around enough to slosh the fuel around. On the street it is different. Think of it as a second emergency reserve.

The 5 gal Acrebis tank that my friend put on his 93 XR650L did come with petcocks on both sides. That was back in 94 though. No idea if they still come that way or not.

• zodran

Posted November 26, 2007 - 02:59 PM

I've often thought of hauling the little pump I use to fill a kerosene heater in my knapsack. Squeeze bulb dealie to start the siphon. I usually lose patience and just pump it all in the heater, these bikes are too heavy to be laying them down on purpose.

• ric58

Posted November 27, 2007 - 03:44 PM

i know that kubiac has made a fuel crossover for one of his bikes so that both sides of the tank are same level when empty, i drive a truck big freightliner with dual tanks which also has a fuel crossover line same deal im not sure what sight he has posted that to but yes i think u could do it reasonably easy

Related Content

Forums
Photo

XR650L super moto wheels by greggkklee

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   XR600/650
  • Hot  28 replies
Forums
Photo

93 xr650l Restoration Project by Zigster

• 17 replies
Forums
Photo

Post Apocalypse, ThumperTalk style! by Justin Pearson

Dirt Bike   General Dirt Bike Forums   General Dirt Bike Discussion
  • Hot  35 replies
Forums
Photo

Fell Off Trailer by usafxr

• Hot  43 replies
Forums
Photo

DirttyPig 2005 Xr650l Prroject! by braapmebb1moretime

• 22 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.