New exhaust for XR650R

4 replies to this topic
  • JMo

Posted November 26, 2007 - 11:09 AM

What do you guys recommend?

At the moment I'm running the stock system with the HRC tip/spark arrestor on my '07 model.

I know the standard headers are quite restrictive, and was thinking of upgrading the whole system - on the short list is the FMF with a Q2 silencer, or XR's Only system (either the standard or Race edition, just concerened about noise on the street/trail). However, I've found somewhere that has a White Bros header (and E2 silencer) at a good price - so what do you guys think?

All recommendations gratefully received...

JennyMo xxx

• rdjohnson55

Posted November 26, 2007 - 11:32 AM

I run the Pro Circuit Full system on my 04 and love it... I think I have a pic of it in my garage... If you are running a full uncorked air box you will want to change out the stock head pipe.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • JackAttack

Posted November 26, 2007 - 12:21 PM

I am still running the stock pipe as well.

If I was going to switch... I would run with the BarnumsPro header and pipe.

• hondacrf150f1

Posted November 26, 2007 - 03:10 PM

What do you guys recommend?

At the moment I'm running the stock system with the HRC tip/spark arrestor on my '07 model.

I know the standard headers are quite restrictive, and was thinking of upgrading the whole system - on the short list is the FMF with a Q2 silencer, or XR's Only system (either the standard or Race edition, just concerened about noise on the street/trail). However, I've found somewhere that has a White Bros header (and E2 silencer) at a good price - so what do you guys think?

All recommendations gratefully received...

JennyMo xxx

same question here, what gives out the best performance and resonable sound? I cant decide between FMF powerbomb, Pro Circiut T4, or XR's only. Also will the bike run ok with a aftermarket header and keep the stock can with HRC tip?

• Potts228

Posted November 26, 2007 - 03:47 PM

same question here, what gives out the best performance and resonable sound? I cant decide between FMF powerbomb, Pro Circiut T4, or XR's only. Also will the bike run ok with a aftermarket header and keep the stock can with HRC tip?

I went from the stock muffler with the HRC tip to the full FMF Powerbomb and there was very little difference. I recently switched to the full Pro Circuit system and was very pleased! Much faster on top!!! I have no first hand knowledge of the XR's only but I know this has been highly recommended by others. The only problem is dealing with XR's only. If you decide to go with XR's only I would buy it from Chris Blais (Blais Racing). This way you will be sure it ships on time and you get what you want when you want it.

Related Content

Forums
Photo
Washington

Cle Elum Sunday 5/29: Looking for dual sport tips by TigerTanker

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   Northwest
  • Hot  32 replies
Forums
Photo

93 xr650l Restoration Project by Zigster

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   XR600/650
  • 17 replies
Forums
Photo

DirttyPig 2005 Xr650l Prroject! by braapmebb1moretime

• 22 replies
Forums
Photo

Post Apocalypse, ThumperTalk style! by Justin Pearson

Dirt Bike   General Dirt Bike Forums   General Dirt Bike Discussion
  • Hot  35 replies
Forums
Photo

Fell Off Trailer by usafxr

• Hot  43 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.