A dilly of a pickle

7 replies to this topic
  • shifty450

Posted November 26, 2007 - 09:29 AM

Love Ned Flanders.

Anywho...Quick question.

If I were to remove the speedo and odometer from an '06 WR450, would the life mileage and hours be lost or would they still be there when I put it back on?

• Gary Murray

Posted November 26, 2007 - 07:43 PM

It probably would not measure time and distance while not attached to the bike.

• matt4x4

Posted November 27, 2007 - 04:06 AM

I would have to think the thing has a watch battery memory.
Otherwise, every time you change out your battery you'd lose the memory.

• Alternative

Posted November 27, 2007 - 04:17 AM

I'd say that like all digital speedos on road bikes, it'll never lose its memory. If it did, some people would disconnect them a few hundred miles before they sold their bike and then claim its only done that many miles.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Island Boy

Posted November 27, 2007 - 06:01 AM

What is the point of your question? Doesn't the 06 and 07 odometer reset after every 1,000 miles? Mine does.

• shifty450

Posted November 27, 2007 - 06:14 AM

What is the point of your question? Doesn't the 06 and 07 odometer reset after every 1,000 miles? Mine does.

My point is I want to take it off for a bit with the possibility of putting it back on at a later date.

• shifty450

Posted November 27, 2007 - 06:14 AM

It probably would not measure time and distance while not attached to the bike.

NOT exactly what I was wondering. But thanks!:thumbsup:

• tweav

Posted November 27, 2007 - 06:50 PM

My 07 does not hold the milage when it is unplugged . It forgets all the settings too.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.