First Rides on Rekluse Pro - '07 YZ450

21 replies to this topic
  • Wiz636

Posted November 28, 2007 - 09:30 AM

Whether or not the bike will engine brake is completely dependent on the set up of the Rekluse. I had mine set up so tight that it would engine brake all the way back down to idle unless I tapped the brake to lock up the rear wheel.

This setup had my stall speed actually too low as i could brake stall the motor by locking up hard coming into a corner...at which point I would have to kick start the bike because you can't bump start. I got really good at cornering while reaching down to flip out the kickstarter and firing back up before I came to a stop.

Since then I adjusted the stall speed just slightly higher and it is now perfection...no brake stall ever and I have engine braking right down to just a hair above idle speed.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • SurvivorMan

Posted November 28, 2007 - 06:10 PM

yes, the engine breaking can be reduced....it's in the setup (this is on the latest rekluse Pro). there was an excellent article done through a Canadian motorcycle mag and that was one of the noticable benefits to the pro test rider.

once i get mine in january, i will play with the settings and let you know the results.

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.