2 replies to this topic

Posted November 26, 2007 - 04:36 AM

I own an 01 wr426f and want to buy a Yz 450f to add to the collection. My question is do i buy a 03-05 with a 4-speed or do i buy an 06 with a 5-speed. I am hoping to get into mx but also want it for the occasional bush ride as well. Buying a yz will there be a fairly increased power hit to the wr? How would the 4-speed hold up in the bush and is it geared well for mx tracks? I would prefer to buy an 03-05 (because there cheaper)but if the 06 is alot more versatile ill just wait and get one of them.:thumbsup:

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • blue9red9

Posted November 26, 2007 - 04:46 AM

Sounds like you already know all the pros and cons. I owned an 03 and now an 06. If you want to trail ride, the 06 trans does space it out more for that but I think 1st gear is about the same. However, I do not trail ride and I preferred the 03 trans for MX. However, the 06 is a better bike in every other way and I can take the trans for all the other improvements. I can't speak to the power cause I've never been on a WR. If you are more MX, get the 06 YZ.

• buzzgrizz

Posted November 26, 2007 - 07:37 PM

Buy as new as you can afford.

Related Content

YZ450F 03 Sparks driving me crazy by SirAttard

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • 5 replies

Is it worth it? (Cam and High compression piston) by macgi77

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   CRF 150/230 F/L
  • Hot  36 replies

2016 YZ450 by CaptainKnobby

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Technical Forums   Suspension
  • Hot  59 replies

Is the 2016 GYTR Yamaha YZ450F too fast? by Fryboy

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • * - - - -
  • Hot  241 replies

Snake pit oct 30th by The Anvil

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   California
  • Hot  35 replies

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.