Ty Davis writes me about the link!

9 replies to this topic
  • levy1

Posted March 30, 2002 - 03:41 PM

Ha!! What do I have that you guys do not. A personal letter from Ty Davis. I e-mailed his company about the suspension link and the guy writes me back personally. That’s what I call service from the top. Fred

Fred, In response to your questions about the link.
First off it allows the shock shaft to travel further into the stroke which at the same time picking up the shaft speed, that enables you to soak up the bump on acceleration and on braking. Another way to put it, is its not as progressive as the stock link. The 02 YZ link has the same link curve as our link, but starts out a tad stiffer and ends a tad stiffer. Thats why we did not make a link for 02 YZ's. The ride height is the same as stock. The only thing I would do is back the reboud out 4 clicks more than normal. Hope I answered your questions.
Ty

• Bill

Posted March 30, 2002 - 04:45 PM

Good job Fred. I asked this same question a couple of months ago and did not get a reply.

Do you know how much???

Bill

Man, I think Rausch Creek is calling me tomorrow :)

Bill

• #1_Hit-man

Posted March 30, 2002 - 05:40 PM

Nice to see that they answer at least one person back. I seem to have to e-mail them to death, to get a response from them :D

I just gave up, but it does piss me off that they do not answer my e-mails :)

I think I will just give them about 15 of the same e-mails right now, just to see what happens :D

• MOmilkman

Posted March 30, 2002 - 06:59 PM

You know what will happen #1HitMan? This...

#1HitMan, In response to your questions about the link.
First off it allows the shock shaft to travel further into the stroke which at the same time picking up the shaft speed, that enables you to soak up the bump on acceleration and on braking. Another way to put it, is its not as progressive as the stock link. The 02 YZ link has the same link curve as our link, but starts out a tad stiffer and ends a tad stiffer. Thats why we did not make a link for 02 YZ's. The ride height is the same as stock. The only thing I would do is back the reboud out 4 clicks more than normal. Hope I answered your questions.
Ty
:)

There. Now you dont have to worry about e-mailing him. :D

• levy1

Posted March 31, 2002 - 01:06 AM

Bill. I think I paid $170.00 LARGE. I ordered it around 5 months ago. There were so many opinions from people I could not figure out if I should use it for trail ridding. The guy working on my new suspension package (Bumpsticks) was looking for information so we could decide.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • #1_Hit-man

Posted March 31, 2002 - 04:40 AM

MOmilkman,

That is not what I was e-mailing them about, I just sent them "20" e-mails last night. Lets see if I get a response :) I can tell you, I won't hold my breath thats for sure.

THANX! anyway MOmilkman :D ~Hitman~

• ratbiker

Posted March 31, 2002 - 04:58 AM

I bought a chain buffer from ty davis,although they don't make one for an 02 they sent me one well it did not fit.I emailed them and got a reply the next day!To make a long story short ty is going to customize the chain buffer for me hope this one fits! funny how sometimes you get awesome support sometimes you dont,in this case Andrea and ty were completly proffesional,This time i was the lucky one. :)

• #1_Hit-man

Posted March 31, 2002 - 05:51 AM

What I don't understand is I talked to her the one day on the "PHONE" about something else, and she said "I will e-mail you with the answer ASAP" that was weeks ago :D

Since then I have sent several e-mails with "NO" replys either??? :D

The "20" e-mails I sent last night will be the last I try to deal with them. I guess they get enough buyers, they don't need to please all of them :)

THANX! TY/Andrea :D ~Hitman~

• MotoGreg

Posted March 31, 2002 - 05:20 PM

I got my rear disc shark guard from him. I saw a pic of his new design and happened to be passing through Hesperia so I stopped by his shop. He said the part was still a few months away from production but he had three of them he was using for testing on his bikes and he sold me one of them. He was a super nice guy, he told me that I was going to be his assistant tester and he wanted me to call him with any information on the part I discovered while using it.

• #1_Hit-man

Posted April 01, 2002 - 03:52 PM

I got a answer from zipty tonight, here it is>> Ken,

In response to your email inquiry-PLEASE see your local dealer.

Thank you.

WOW! they are so helpful, are they not the dealer of the part??? :) Only took two weeks and twenty e-mails at one time for this answer WOW!

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.