MY take on the 07's handling

4 replies to this topic
  • grunkthump

Posted November 25, 2007 - 05:44 PM

finally getting some hours on and getting comfortable on the 07' I bought new a month or so ago...rode a GOOD corner track the last 2 days...with a new quality front tire, and carmichael pro-tapers which have minimal pullback and really get me up on the seat when setting up for corners...the bike handles FINE with NO push...compared it back to back with an 07'crf250 and an 07'kxf250...don't get me wrong those bikes would carve an inside line EASIER than the yzf, however after hearing all the "push" hype, i'm happy to report for ME anyway it was simply a matter of SETUP.

• grunkthump

Posted November 25, 2007 - 05:45 PM

oh...forgot to mention I do have the forks slid up a bit in the clamps.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • rexbond007

Posted November 25, 2007 - 05:54 PM

i found the same front tire made a huge diff !
I went to a Dunlop 956 and what a diff. gota have a good tire with the 07 bike.

• Kent Rathgeber

Posted November 25, 2007 - 07:22 PM

i found the same front tire made a huge diff !
I went to a Dunlop 956 and what a diff. gota have a good tire with the 07 bike.

What is your track terrain conditions? I'm considering the Dunlop 952 for the front of my 07. It worked great on an 05 CRF450X, front and rear.

• rexbond007

Posted November 25, 2007 - 07:30 PM

hard pack sand.

Related Content

Forums
Photo

Michigan Motocross Tires by 288yz450

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   North
  • 1 reply
Forums
Photo

2016 YZ450 by CaptainKnobby

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Technical Forums   Suspension
  • Hot  59 replies
Wiki
WR Camshaft Swap Info - last post by jamesm113

WR Camshaft Swap Info

Articles
  • 0 replies
Forums
Photo

yz250x vs 450 4t comparisons (preferably desert riding) needed by JakeNorthrupYZ450F

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   Yamaha 2-Stroke
  • 9 replies
Forums
Photo

Chubby dad, looking at bikes , First trip to the orange/black forum ! by Slow_ride

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   KTM   250-530 EXC/MXC/SXC/XC-W/XCR-W (4-Strokes)
  • Hot  28 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.