wr 400f where is this grey wire peeps

3 replies to this topic
  • madmanuk

Posted October 03, 2002 - 02:27 AM

i have been told to disconect the grey wire to make it a bit better but i don't know where it is so can anyone here tell where it is

• Chaindrive

Posted October 03, 2002 - 04:46 AM

madmanuk; just go to the top of this page and click on "search", then type in "grey wire" (could also try "gray wire") and hit "search" for (WR forum). If you search "all posts", you will find TONS of good info.

On the main page, look at the list of forums. You will see a special section for jetting, timing, etc. mods. Quick and easy. Good luck. BTW, don't just cut your wire, find the connector plug and work it out and tape it up. Easy to convert back w/o splicing.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • madmanuk

Posted October 03, 2002 - 04:52 AM

Thanks mate i like this forum :)

• Guy

Posted October 05, 2002 - 11:28 AM

Madmanuk, if yours is a Euro or Uk spec bike the grey wire is NOT, I repeat NOT applicable, it is a US only thing, like the throttle stop, it is not done to UK bikes
The wire is in the plug in question but then it dead ends in the loom !

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.