Another carb question

2 replies to this topic
  • Jekel

Posted March 30, 2002 - 10:01 PM

I admit I'm not good at carb jetting. I went from 172 main, 48 pilot, on a 99WR with WR timing which ran good but fouled plugs 2-3 times a year(black). New jetting is 170 main, pilot 45, OBEKN needle clip3. Both settings are with the P38 (KL mod). Now the bike starts better, but has a flat spot at the beginning of midrange and pops like never before. I put on the Kouda(thanks NHKevin) and have it at 1 3/4 turns out. When I turn it out to 2 3/4 out the popping decreases some but I am able to turn it all the way in without killing the engine(hence needing a smaller pilot yet???) Nice top end and more down low with the new jetting. Any ideas to get rid of the bog and popping? Help and advice would be appreciated :)

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • James_Dean

Posted March 30, 2002 - 06:51 PM

The P-38(reduced accel pump flow) will allow a richer clip position, try EKN#4. The #45 pilot can run lean with the stock air jets. This will sometimes allow turning the screw all the way in. It doesn't always mean you need a smaller pilot jet at all the way in on the fuel screw. See how it runs with the #45 and 2 - 2 1/4 turns out.

• Jekel

Posted March 31, 2002 - 04:16 AM

Thanks. I'll try it today.

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.