98 YZ400 question

2 replies to this topic
  • avbryce1

Posted November 25, 2007 - 12:58 PM

I just replaced the motor in my yz400 after it sat with a blown motor for about 8 months. it sat without a motor in it for about 5 of those months.

Now that I have my new motor in my throttle sticks. When I turn the throttle it just stays. is the problem in the carb spring, throttle cables, or throttle tube?

thanks.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Thomas6x

Posted November 25, 2007 - 03:08 PM

I just replaced the motor in my yz400 after it sat with a blown motor for about 8 months. it sat without a motor in it for about 5 of those months.

Now that I have my new motor in my throttle sticks. When I turn the throttle it just stays. is the problem in the carb spring, throttle cables, or throttle tube?

thanks.

I would start with the tube then cables.
Make sure you run the cables right.

• avbryce1

Posted November 26, 2007 - 04:06 PM

Thanks, I'm going to order a new throttle tube and cables.

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.