Ridgecrest BLM Spark arrestor ticket, but I have the stock spark arrestor.

69 replies to this topic
  • MotoGoalie

Posted December 12, 2007 - 10:45 AM

Obama and Hilliary are going to fix this stuff, right, because clearly this is all the work of W.:banghead:

• martinfan30

Posted December 12, 2007 - 12:19 PM

Obama and Hilliary are going to fix this stuff, right, because clearly this is all the work of W.:banghead:

surely you jest!

• cleonard

Posted February 05, 2008 - 01:34 PM

Went to court in beautiful Bakersfield this morning and got my ticket dismissed.

WooHoo! :busted:

• martinfan30

Posted February 05, 2008 - 01:56 PM

Congrats CL!

• Blacksamwell

Posted February 05, 2008 - 02:53 PM

Went to court in beautiful Bakersfield this morning and got my ticket dismissed.

WooHoo! :worthy:

Right on! :busted:

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Denn10

Posted February 05, 2008 - 03:53 PM

What you have to do to get it dismissed? Besides drive up there and spend a day off work. LOL

• cleonard

Posted February 05, 2008 - 04:16 PM

I brought a lot of documentation. It never went to trial. Before pleading not guilty I was given the opportunity to speak to the govt attorney. There is a forest service document with every approved spark arrestor. I showed him the stock XR600 spark arrestor in there. Then I showed him the photos that I had of my pipe. One showed the model number that matched the document and the other was a shot up the end of the pipe showing the vanes. He looked at it and stared asking me who did the testing on the pipe. He was kind of amazed at how it was tested so poorly. Then he told me that he would drop the case. I had to sit in the court room until all the other cases were taken care of. The case was then dropped.

USFS Spark arrester guide http://www.fs.fed.us...OHV_SAG2007.pdf

I could have accomplished the same thing by taking my bike to Ridgecrest. It was easier to go to the court.

One thing that I learned from sitting there. Lots of people plead guilty. The fine was reduced to about 40% of what it started out as in almost every case.

• Maroast

Posted February 05, 2008 - 04:52 PM

WooHoo! :worthy:

way to stick it to "the man" :busted:

• hill5150

Posted February 05, 2008 - 08:45 PM

Congrats, time well spent.....Did ya get to ride?

• Denn10

Posted February 05, 2008 - 09:10 PM

One thing that I learned from sitting there. Lots of people plead guilty. The fine was reduced to about 40% of what it started out as in almost every case.

YES that is true and if you just go to the court and talk to the judge most often if your not a repeat offender you get off a bit easier.

Related Content

Forums
Photo

Would a Young Scott Summers still be Competitive today on an XR600R? What would he ride to be competitive today? by Jayzonk

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  158 replies
Forums
Photo

ignitech programmable XR650L CDI by brianhare

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   XR600/650
  • Hot  60 replies
Forums
Photo

XR650L super moto wheels by greggkklee

• Hot  28 replies
Reviews

Honda XR650L 2016 by Chris.GVS

Honda XR650L 2016
  • - - - - -
  • 0 reviews
Forums
Photo

93 xr650l Restoration Project by Zigster

• 17 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.