Ridgecrest BLM Spark arrestor ticket, but I have the stock spark arrestor.

69 replies to this topic
  • BWB63

Posted December 08, 2007 - 11:06 AM

Philipstjohn, [COLOR="SeaGreen"]BOLT Performance[/COLOR] has a preconceived idea the "police officers" have our best interest in mind while they are performing the 'DUTY' they are being paid to perform. I for one will not "Challenge a Cop" and "Arguing with a cop" - not an option. I respect Law enforcement as in honoring the 'power behind the badge', but, not the [COLOR="Red"]"bad attitude"[/COLOR] of most of the Law enforcement out there doing what they think is there 'DUTY'. I noticed that BOLT Performance thinks we (as in 'We the people') are always the ones provoking the LEO's or Cops, police, Law enforcement.......... just like he was trained to think? We must be the ones that are causing it.... because law enforcement is never wrong. There is overwhelming amount of legit stories just in my life of bad cops with bad attitudes.
Being one that has ran a homeless home for transits (men living on the street) starting back in 1986, I have seen first hand how bad cops can be. I am not talking about me lipping off or anyone else, I am talking unprovoked bad cops
BOLT Performance, you are acting like the majority of cops are not on some power trip, think they are always right, are in a good mood doing a good job till someone pisses them off.........this is just not true. Your preconceived idea of police officers because you were, 'blessed with a wonderful Dad', is nice but, the rest of us 'good' citizens live in a different world.

[COLOR="Blue"]I avoid bad people of any kind and if I think I can get away from them and not deal with them, I will be gone as fast as I can. That goes for cops also.[/COLOR]

Just one of the silly little stories of [COLOR="Red"]bad cops, with bad attitudes[/COLOR], that just happened lately.
My wife driving in the town of Beaumont......she sees a police man stopped by a stop sign waiting for someone to role it. Seeing him, she makes a complete stop. Everything is right, [COLOR="Blue"]seat belt on[/COLOR], newer van, looking good....... As she pulls away he fallows and pulls her over. Writes a ticket for no seat belt that she is still wearing, never took it off. She asks why, he said, [COLOR="Red"]'you are wearing it wrong'[/COLOR]. She had it around her breast, instead of cutting through them. .......... Yah, he saved the day from another harden criminal! and we gave to the city another $120 they needed. I can tell stories of drunks getting beaten, as I watched, me getting the smack down in my own home twice for nothing but, having homeless men here. (That I have picked up on the Law enforcements call) They subdue then ask what is going on......... [COLOR="red"]I do not see 'protect and serve' without a doubt it is Harass and Collect! [/COLOR]

I really like this! Nice job of writing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by philipstjohn
Who cares about your ticket anyway? its unrelated to the thread- The fact is people like you who run red lights cause many accidents-Cleonard was just out for a ride, not breaking any laws and was cited and expected to pay a fine for a law he did not break. Maybe you can get your Daddy to try to help you "get off" paying for a fine you should pay completely- it seems you were actually caught on tape breaking the law! And it now has something to do with your Daddy, and his occupation because you brought him up. Your Dad may be a "cool cop", but not all are like your dad. Most people know if you fight with the cops your going to lose. Most people who give a cop an attitude get a much greater negative attitude in return. But what happened to fighting for your rights? Well, lets see, we highlight or point out to a cop on the scene he does not know the law, and guess what, we now have an attitude torwards cops and we get arrested! When you have a bunch of young cops out there who do not know the law as clearly as they should, especially being responsibile in enforcing these laws, with a power trip attitude it makes it hard to respect Law Enforcement of any branch of government. Your acting like a young cop would now so to speak, if we do not agree with your ideals then we are going to get on your "ignore list". Its kinda like "argue with me and your going to jail " attitude cops have today. Being as pro active as law enforcement is today, it seems its getting to the point that we are now being treated as a whole guilty until proven innocent. American Freedom is a beautiful and unique lifestyle most in the world will never enjoy, and if it were not for a "few rebels" out there we may eventually see ourselves losing this freedom. Just be a rebel with a cause, and always fight for your rights. Maybe if we had more "rebels" fighting for our rights, cops would understand their role as Law Enforcement, not Law Harrassment!!!

• BOLT Performance

Posted December 08, 2007 - 12:44 PM

You just don' get it...

If I diffuse the situation... walk away without an unfair ticket... don't get arrested... don't have a bad experience... don't have my civil liberties trampled on simply because I DEALT with LEO without contempt and tone that means I WIN !

If you have had different outcomes from your experiences look within. That doesn't mean you are WRONG... It means the power to deal with them successfully is yours. Right and Wrong at that moment is almost irrelevant. Choose to JUDGE in the moment about whether you like or dislike how he talks to you is just stupid. You guys wanna whine cause some Cop wants to LORD it over you for 15 minutes... get over it. You sound like little cry babies.

When I was still young and dumb enough to put myself in their sites for stupid stuff I loved it when they went POWER on me. The more they get UPSET and wanna lecture the more likely you'll walk away without that ticket. Maybe this is just a little too nuanced a thought process for a few of you. I get it. The same guys that wanna throw me bad gas cause you can't handle a little debate are the same guys that can't deal with a Cop dressing you down. Probably wasn't your fault when you got a bad grade in school either.

An Analogy
Dealing with Cops is just like driving a car. People come at you all the time. They pull in front of you. Sometimes cause they are dumb... sometimes cause they are bad drivers... sometimes cause they are caught up in the moment and just didn't see you. A GOOD driver that gets the best Insurance discount has no accidents because he drives smart and avoids those people. You don't just ram the bastard cause you are in the right of way. You don't drive your car through a pot hole or over road debris just cause it shouldn't be there to teach the POT HOLE how it SHOULD BE.

The Moral of the Story
Learn to steer through LEO encounters like you would drive your car. Successful outcome is what matters. Throwing respect without contempt is what it requires. Your judgment of the moment is truly irrelevant AT THAT INSTANT. I'll concede some Cops have issues. Guess what, that further proves my point that Cops are just people too. Many of you have issues... You just aren't Cops ! :banghead:

There are ways to deal with BAD COPS. But during the moment is NOT the time or the place.

Qualifying my View
Lastly, let me shed some light on the Cop Dad thing since you Cop haters have been raggin on that one way or another since I brought it up. I mentioned it to explain I have some insight into WHO Cops really are. I grew up in a Cop house. All the buddies that came by to have a beer were Cops. I know full well how many were jerks and tough guys. I also know if my Dad was a foot ball player I would have met a bunch of adrenalin junkies there too.

I was 15 when we moved to Cali. My Dad did NOT go back into Law Enforcement when we moved here. My first vehicle was a street legal dirt bike and I did not buy a car till I was 24. I was a terror around Town and my Dad had NO influence over the trouble I got into. But my understanding that Cops are just people too really minimized the outcome of those events. My father didn't even know this crap I pulled till I was 30 and confessed my stupid deeds at family get togethers like all sons do for a good old days kinda laugh.

So get off the Dad crap cause it was shared with you to qualify the basis of my point of view. Nothing else.

Bad Gas is for Wimps
As for the bad gas, it's sad we can't have a debate here without people retaliating... But hey thats on you. Thats the kind of man you are.

Who is really trying to be helpful ?
As to the topic, well no one has done more to help Cleonard in this thread than I did by making the call to BLM and get him on the track to success. But no good deed goes unpunished when you get into a debate with Cop haters that haven't figured out that their ego is less important than minimizing the possible negative outcome it can cause.

• hill5150

Posted December 08, 2007 - 04:25 PM

Gawd, I almost shed a tear.Does anyone have any popcorn? :banghead:

• philipstjohn

Posted December 08, 2007 - 06:33 PM

Thanks Bruce... :banghead: :busted:

• absynth01

Posted December 08, 2007 - 06:49 PM

I know no less than 2 dozen cops/feds. Some are bad, some are OK. Some are family, some are not. I ride with a few and let me tell ya, I've gotten out of more tickets just because of the badge holders. I won't go into detail, but many cops I have run into are complete power trippers. I used to shoot competition, and always loved beating them fair and square-It really goes to their head. Bolt your opinion is your opinion as well as everyone elses. I was going to be in law enforcement, but that got squashed. I ended up testifying to grand jury against two officers who commited felonies. They pinned the crime on someone else while I was present. I was close freinds with all involved, and the weak got blamed. Investigators tried me, but I stuck that up their A$$. In the end my career is double their salary, so they did me a favor. Wish I had that badge though.
I have seen crimes commited by many a cop friend. Been tested by the new jacks, and stupid ones. Can't even elaborate on the free pass given to the badge. In the end, a good lawyer smartens up the stupid cops. Been down that road, and always win. Just know you are inoccent until proven guilty(except the DWI and Domestic stuff).
I for one can't stand most police/law enforcement. The Gun and Badge give them ALPHA male syndrome, when most are really not and need to be reminded.
My wife had her identity stolen. Without going into detail, our county sherriff ended up messing up the report because "he didn't think we needed one". Needless to say WRONG. The FEDs straightened his A$$ out, AND I blew him into my buddy who is his boss. Works both ways boys. He now has a mark to file because of me. Just revenge for your POLICE brotheren.
This is only my opinion cops suck, and never have helped me while on the job. My opinion is based on fact throught my life, and NO I've never been CONVICTED of a crime. But yes I have been arrested a few times and always WON in criminal cases:thumbsup: I'd love to post my ticket collection:p

• XR680RR

Posted December 09, 2007 - 09:07 PM

I think it is funny that I have to fit in a certain box and handle the cops or LEO pigs what ever we are to call them. I have to handle them just right or else. I also like the fact that it is thought that we must be yelling, arguing, challanging, being stupid to make the cops act wrong twards us. I have to go to some class on how to stear a cop and treat him just right to have the freedom to move on Most cops are no more people then the Nazi's were. Some day this will all be fought out, some will be for the police state and I will not be. Kinda the way history repeats it's self. WE started free from tax and all this gov control and now we are way worse then what we fought to be free from.

My trouble with them was over cleaning up glamis! Not a ticket, they gave us a bunch of trouble because they assumed we were up to no good. Looking to make money off the trash and recyclables. It was a big swoop on us, all standing around thinking how they could pin us for something we must be doing wrong. We, had no attitudes. Well not till we finaly figured out what was going on. You know this is stupid. We know what the attitude is, we know what is really going on but, there is one that thinks it is us, the people that are out of line not the police state. They are trained to subdue and collect information. Control the situation. WE must be doing something wrong or they wouldn't be there. They have a job to do and they are going to do it. Some of us just don't agree with their version of what that job is. Herass and collect better was the police of day gone by of serve and protect. The story of the seat belt being on wrong is a good point.

• BOLT Performance

Posted December 09, 2007 - 09:56 PM

As long as you guys feel they are the enemy... as long as you feel they are out to get you... as long as you feel they will always make your life miserable you will get what you expect.

If you get stopped and inspected and questioned... so what ? Didn't your Mommy ever question you when she thought you were up to something when you were not. Just learn to comply, answer their questions, take your medicine if you were doing something wrong, move on when it is over if you were not and recognize they needed to know which it was. And YES, even generate revenue from the people that deserve it to pay for their existance so I don't have to pay MORE taxes to police a bunch of clowns at Glamis.

As to living in a police state? You need to get out a little more. There are more than a few people on earth that would laugh at you on that one if they were not ducking bullets or scrounging for food right now.

• absynth01

Posted December 10, 2007 - 07:08 AM

As long as you guys feel they are the enemy... as long as you feel they are out to get you... as long as you feel they will always make your life miserable you will get what you expect.

If you get stopped and inspected and questioned... so what ? Didn't your Mommy ever question you when she thought you were up to something when you were not. Just learn to comply, answer their questions, take your medicine if you were doing something wrong, move on when it is over if you were not and recognize they needed to know which it was. And YES, even generate revenue from the people that deserve it to pay for their existance so I don't have to pay MORE taxes to police a bunch of clowns at Glamis.

As to living in a police state? You need to get out a little more. There are more than a few people on earth that would laugh at you on that one if they were not ducking bullets or scrounging for food right now.

Traveled a bit around..... The US and Japan is the most regulated I've been to. YOU need to get out a little more and see what is going on. I understand you were raised with a law enforcement background. It is a good life , but sugar coated. Not that it is bad, but not reality today. I always research laws pertaining to states or countries, and push them where I want. Yes I am an "American". It is not something I announce outside the US. When I am here I follow the Judicial system, not some 2yr degree fool cop! I've seen men in 3rd world countries break laws and pay the price. Here, as well as anywhere, money is the factor. Don't have enough for your beliefs, swallow your pride and lose. Just know, you break the law anywhere, you suffer. The key is to know your rights anywhere you are. Don't help cops/law enforcement/gov workers/ do THEIR job. Take their stupidity and laugh. "I want to talk to my lawyer" works here in the states!!! They hate that!! Makes their case (their job) a headache!! I love knowing more than the cop writing the ticket!!

• drgriffi1

Posted December 10, 2007 - 01:08 PM

Bunch of winey b*tches. He got a ticket, he was not in the wrong, the ranger f*cked up. 'Nuff said!!!

• XR680RR

Posted December 10, 2007 - 03:32 PM

Without a question this is the thinking I am totaly against. Once the line is drawn and history repeats, those that think this way will be my enemy. Freedom from tyranny is what some of us are talking about. You embrace it as if it will bring you security, never has, never will. There is no exuse for tyranny and only a coward choses to embrace it for security. I have the same attitude as the founders of this country. Nothing has change there are those that still think that goverment is the fix all for the people and those that think we can take care of ourselves (and those that don't or can't). I don't care who threw the trash or who is being stupid. If I don't like it I have the freedom to clean it up. As I have, I also have the freedom to look the other way and let the goverment tax me and pay a small percentage for someone else to pick it up. Those that make a difference and those that let others do it for them. Freedom is the most expensive thing, worth the most and those like you would rather feel secure, and take care of what makes you feel good. The tide has turned and the cops are not for us but, hunt us for revenue for the goverment. You make me sick. and yes, I ment that to be personal.:banghead:

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • absynth01

Posted December 10, 2007 - 06:40 PM

Here is an article from one of the Auto industry gurus. Read and learn for those that don't believe. Law enforcement is like the mob, but extort with the governments blessing. Everyone up the chain gets a taste of your money!!!This just goes to show why my plate is blacked out off road!!!nuff said
Posted Image

If you've noticed an increase in the number of police speed traps of late, you are not alone.

Traffic police in Michigan and elsewhere in the United States are turning motorists into mobile cash dispensers, as states' fund-raising efforts turn desperate.

Aside from the blatant misuse of law enforcement resources, this trend effectively amounts to a hidden taxation program and hopefully should arouse a public backlash.

Speed traps, focus misplaced
Even the auto insurance companies are getting in on the act. One mild-mannered driver I know recently received a letter from his insurer threatening him with policy cancellation or a much higher premium. His crime: two very modest speeding infractions; 35 in a 30-mph and 55 in a 50-mph zone within a few months. This blow comes on top of an outrageous $180 fine for the first offense, the penalty being doubled because he was in a construction zone, even though the work was on a bridge above the road in question.

Local and state police are going out of their way to set up traps in such "easy pickings" locations. These are not legitimate targets like school zones, but lightly trafficked roads in prosperous neighborhoods that have artificially low speed limits. The results are tickets for school mums and shoppers -- not exactly hardened criminal material.

Why not set up the traps in crime-ridden areas where people who deserve to be stopped for much worse than a simple "five over" are likely to be snagged?

Better still, why not concentrate on real driving offenses, like the insane lane weavers we suffer on Detroit freeways or the left-lane hogs who refuse to move over for faster traffic, causing backups and massed frustration in the process?

Interestingly, there is one state, Utah, which actually does the right thing in this regard. Slow drivers who "impede or block the normal and reasonable flow of traffic" can be fined.

Unfortunately, such common-sense legislation is rare.

Consider, for example, the nightmare facing residents of Virginia, where draconian four-figure fines are being levied for the most trivial traffic violations. Going 15 mph over the posted limit in Virginia will cost a driver a whopping extra $1,050 above the normal $200 fine and other court expenses. It gets worse: exceeding 80 mph in Virginia is considered reckless driving -- a criminal offense -- and fines of $2,500 and jail time are possible. Whether or not Virginia legislators think the 80 mph-plus truly qualifies as reckless is a moot point; they are counting on generating $65 million for the state coffers without raising taxes.

Current speeds acceptable
The issue for Michigan motorists is that if we are not careful we could end up in a similarly repressive "police state" driving environment. In normal, light-to-moderate traffic conditions, the average speed on Michigan freeways is around 80-85 mph. In my book, that is perfectly acceptable, because our roads and vehicles are built to be safe at that speed, if not higher.

Remember that speed itself is not the problem. Bad driving is. And that is a question of improving driver training.

What worries is the thought that if our state legislators envy the fund-raising tactics being employed in Virginia or other like-minded states, they may decide to turn us all into criminals.

• hill5150

Posted December 10, 2007 - 07:11 PM

Without a question this is the thinking I am totaly against. Once the line is drawn and history repeats, those that think this way will be my enemy. Freedom from tyranny is what some of us are talking about. You embrace it as if it will bring you security, never has, never will. There is no exuse for tyranny and only a coward choses to embrace it for security. I have the same attitude as the founders of this country. Nothing has change there are those that still think that goverment is the fix all for the people and those that think we can take care of ourselves (and those that don't or can't). I don't care who threw the trash or who is being stupid. If I don't like it I have the freedom to clean it up. As I have, I also have the freedom to look the other way and let the goverment tax me and pay a small percentage for someone else to pick it up. Those that make a difference and those that let others do it for them. Freedom is the most expensive thing, worth the most and those like you would rather feel secure, and take care of what makes you feel good. The tide has turned and the cops are not for us but, hunt us for revenue for the goverment. You make me sick. and yes, I ment that to be personal.:busted:

Well said........:banghead:

• Billahjack

Posted December 10, 2007 - 11:53 PM

Dude!! I love that license plate cover. I think I'll make one that says "F-Off".

• martinfan30

Posted December 11, 2007 - 10:38 AM

Well said........:banghead:

+1....

• BWB63

Posted December 11, 2007 - 01:16 PM

That last XR680RR response got me all worked up! I am ready to fight against tyranny (had to look it up to make sure I knew what it really meant).

I was talking to a guy at work that moved here from China. He was discussing how they have freedom as we have freedom. I asked how that was. He said it was just a little different, here you have freedom of religion, and there they have freedom from religion. You have freedom of speech they have freedom from speech. Over there if I don't want to be bothered by you religious talk or your speech then I can have the government stop you from bothering me. He really thinks that kind of freedom is better. It is more secure.

I don't want the government to be my mother. I don't think Glamis needs to be policed! I like the freedom XR680RR was talking about. If I don't like the trash I have the freedom to clean it up! If I don't like the yo - yo's that are there I can go somewhere else, fix it or go there on a different day. What is wrong with the yo - yo's having the freedom to be stupid? In the end they should be responsible for that stupidity. Wait, I know innocent people might get hurt…..who is responsible for that? That is where you want to feel secure, right? Or do they have to fit into your preconceived idea of what is right? If it bothers you then it must be policed and those that do not conform must be punished!!!

I have been out of this country and in different third world :banghead: holes and what does that have to do with what is wrong here? Just because it is worse somewhere else doesn't make what is wrong here ok. All tyranny sucks and I could not have said it better the XR680RR has!

• martinfan30

Posted December 11, 2007 - 02:28 PM

that is the key statement.. i dont want the gov. being my mother!

i dont want to be protected. i can handle S*** just fine on my own with out some BS government agency to tell me what is right or wrong! my point, the department of EARLY INTERVENTION. for families that had a premature kid.(she's all good though!). they come into our house once/twice a month and tell us how what we are doing is wrong and how they want us to do it differently! :banghead: YOU! :busted: we are getting along just fine with no problems on our own! sorry about the rant.

• philipstjohn

Posted December 11, 2007 - 03:17 PM

It seems the word "Tyranny" sums it up. I guess his Father did not "bring his work home" so to speak... :D :banghead: :busted:

• xr650l bum

Posted December 11, 2007 - 04:52 PM

Sorry Martin. Those agencies can reallly suck sometimes. Glad all is well.

Oh, No! Just because some guy is on parole does not mean I lose my freedom.

Certainly does! If you are a convicted felon and on parole I believe the police have a right to search you whenever they choose( at least in Cali ). Just as police can be a problem, so can parolies! Not everyone is perfect, that has been displayed in all the posts. I think this got WAY sidetracked. CANT WE ALL JUST GET ALONG!

• BWB63

Posted December 11, 2007 - 05:09 PM

Tyranny; oppressive power <every form of tyranny over the mind of man — Thomas Jefferson>; especially : oppressive power exerted by government <the tyranny of a police state>

The phrase tyranny of the majority, used in discussing systems of democracy and majority rule, is a criticism of the scenario in which decisions made by a majority under that system would place that majority's interests so far above a minority's interest as to be comparable in cruelty to "tyrannical"

I find that I am now living under the 'tyranny of the majority'

I am to believe that the majority wants me to comply with the LEO if they are wrong, for the good of what everyone wants. The fact is the majority of people do not want off road motorcycles!

I can no longer leagaly think 'Homosexual behavior' is wrong. I can no longer express openly my beliefs in God or Christ if I in any way work for this goverment, actualy I can't think anything that th majority says is wrong or hateful. I must think as the majority says. I can't spank my kids, I can't say those that hate American's must die. I can't dis-like those that say American's must die. I can't believe God made the world in seven days. I have to believe a condom must be worn by my tenage boys, that waiting till they are married is wrong. Ihave to believe it is 'ok' for a teacher in public schools to teach my sons that men sticking their ***** in another mans anal hole is normal. Arnold Schwarzenegger signed a law that has all California school teaching that;
All instruction, all school activities, will effectively and eventually be required to positively portray homosexuality, lesbianism, bisexuality, transgenderism, etc., to children in these schools. There’s no other way to comply.

“If a child objects, or disagrees, then the other law, AB 394, takes effect,” Thomasson said. “The child will be labeled a ‘harasser,’ and made subject to ‘specialized training.’

“Dissent will not be tolerated. Neither will mere silence. In fact, sensitivity training may be required for the dissenting child’s parents. The law could be interpreted that way. School officials might be able to call in the child’s parents for a ‘conference.’
This starts in January!

At the High School my Boys go to; there is a group for "Gay and Straight" at lunch.

I am to think that they are not out to get me? I am not to be angry? This only happens in bad movies!:banghead:

Just because some guy is on parole does not mean I lose my freedom.
As for someone on parole he loses his freedom! I don't! He wasn't in my house. I turned out to be right in this case as was told to me when the police showed up. Even if he was a guest in my house I do not lose my rights because he lost his.
I had already deleted the story......but, in a nut shell it was about an out of control PO thinking she had the right to search my house, make me take down an ammo belt, machete and deer antlers off my kids walls and then she wanted to 'see what was in my gun safes. I said, they are locked, she said, open them, I said, they are locked and they are going to stay that way, she got loud and I had my wife call 911 and told the lady she had to leave my house. In the end she had to leave my house. I had a man off the road that needed someting to eat and a place to rest. Turned out he was on parol and this PO found out where he was. Like I said, he was out in the garage.

• martinfan30

Posted December 12, 2007 - 07:48 AM

wow, thats :busted: up! glad to hear you stood your ground on the gunsafe issue! as would i have. the gay / straight group at school is ridiculous! i cant beleive its come to this. i am seriously considering home schooling because i would probably end up going down to the school over something like this and rearranging some liberal health teachers face around.:banghead:

Related Content

Reviews

Honda XR650L 2016 by Chris.GVS

Honda XR650L 2016
  • - - - - -
  • 0 reviews
Forums
Photo

Engine Loping/Sputtering by tcaldwell

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   XR600/650
  • 2 replies
Forums
Photo

XR650L super moto wheels by greggkklee

• Hot  28 replies
Reviews

Honda XR650L 2017 by Chris.GVS

Honda XR650L 2017
  • - - - - -
  • 0 reviews
Forums
Photo

93 xr650l Restoration Project by Zigster

• 17 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.