Ridgecrest BLM Spark arrestor ticket, but I have the stock spark arrestor.

69 replies to this topic
  • BOLT Performance

Posted December 03, 2007 - 09:54 AM

It's we the people, not all for the goverment.

I'm not talking about the Government. I'm talking about successfully managing how we communicate with a man in a Ranger's uniform to achieve a successful outcome for OURSELVES. Grow up rebel ! :thumbsup:

Cheese and Crackers and fight and hate all you want... I get far less grief working with LEOs... But I am a cop's son. I know they are people and rarely hold in their heart the malice toward us some are implying. When you make someone your enemy you get what you asked for.

In the time, we have all wasted on this thread Cleonard could have resolved this with the BLM.

Proof... I stopped typing long enough to call the BLM Ridgecrest Office just now. Margaret was very helpful and said let me put you to the voice mail for the Chief Ranger for the area Ron Lewis sp?. All the fellas are in a meeting just now but he is very good about returning calls and should be able to help you get this straightened out.

I'll let you guys know what Ron says when he calls. Bottomline is the "I hate LEOs" attitude gets you nowhere. If you guys would only try to see it from the other side... There just is no grand conspiracy at the Ranger level Fox Mulder.

Bureau of Land Management
Ridgecrest Field Office
300 S. Richmond Rd.
Ridgecrest, CA 93555
Phone: (760) 384-5400
Fax: (760) 384-5499
Contact us by Email

PS - Ron just called before I could even finish typing this.

Cleonard... He said fax the proof of US Forestry Spark Approved Status and he will dismiss it at Court so you don't need to even deal with that. I suggest you get it in writing just in case when you get this all worked out with Ron. Ron's fax is 760-384-5469. Tell him your buddy Jeff is the one that called and you really wanna get it all worked out legal like as your pipe is a US Forestry Approved Spark Arrestor and the design does NOT fit the probe test. You just need to convince him you did not modify the pipe. Just explaining how it is designed and faxing him the documentation you have should do. He sounded very reasonable !

BTW - I quit going to Glamis because of the clowns that go there... Not because of law enforcement.

I quit riding on Thanksgiving and stay at home with my family because of the clowns that come out of the wood work ONCE per year... Not because of law enforcement.

• drgriffi1

Posted December 03, 2007 - 09:04 PM

Does it say on the ticket what exhaust was on yer bike at the time? I had a friend lose the case because there was no proof at the time that there was a spark arrestor. It was his word against the Ranger's. The ranger said my friend did not have an arrestor at the time, but he did. The court saw it as my friend tried to pull a fast one and put arrestor on after the fact. It was messed up, I think the judge was biased.

• bongodave

Posted December 03, 2007 - 09:15 PM

It's we the people, not all for the goverment.

:thumbsup: Damn straight!

• absynth01

Posted December 04, 2007 - 06:47 AM

I always wondered what they will do to my supertrapp?? Probe what??

• hill5150

Posted December 04, 2007 - 11:30 AM

B ored

L and

M ongers

• BWB63

Posted December 04, 2007 - 04:37 PM

I think XR680RR is venting the frustration that most of the rest of us are feeling with dealing with the PO's of this day; whatever branch they are in as they lord over us. The newer generation 'COP' is way undertratianed in knowing, 'he works for us' not, 'out to trap us'. I agree that most do have a 'get them' attitude. The "hunter" attitude mention before I see as real true with what I see and deal with. It's not about going out and doing a 'just and true job' but, all about the 'glory of the story'. Not all of them but, yes a majority:rant:

You know they never walk up to your door and let you know 'we are watching you' and 'you may want to stop doing what you might be doing' but, it's all about Nailing the Kill. About gettting enough info to nail you down and take you in. Ruby Ridge? I know that isn't true and blown all out of proportion.....:thumbsup: Not on your life!! A real sad story of a group of PO's in the middle of a hunting and score; in the end killing inocent people. Yes, the older PO's of the last generation knew how to serve and protect........but, now it all about [COLOR="Red"]"Harass and Collect":[/COLOR]thumbsdn: I don't see a rebel but, someone that is tired of the [COLOR="red"]Tyranny[/COLOR].

[COLOR="red"]DON'T[/COLOR] [COLOR="Blue"]TREAD[/COLOR] [COLOR="blue"]ON ME[/COLOR]!:busted:

• rangerman

Posted December 04, 2007 - 04:47 PM

Wow. All the Ranger did to me was...."You don't have a spark arrestor....neither does your brother. I would write you a ticket but I have to warn the people about the nearby fire". On we went. My bro has a super trap exhaust, which it does have a spark arrestor. He didn't even use a probe...just looked at it!!!

BTW- I am not a Ranger....I like Ford Rangers....Hence the Rangerman.

• BOLT Performance

Posted December 04, 2007 - 07:54 PM

Well in my experience people that have issues with LEOs have issues with LEOs. I see the same Rangers as you do. I drive the same highways. I live in the same country. You suppose maybe my attitude is why I don't get all bent by them ? I know I have been ticketed for about 1% of the crap I have pulled in my life... if that.

In fact, after having NO tickets for 15 years I just got a $364 red light camera ticket. Am I disappointed ? Yep... Pissed about the fees ? Yup. Will I pay $364 ? Not likely. How will I pay less ? Go down there... act right... politely point out the absurdity... as well as my record and I'll get cut a break.

Wanna quit having problems with LEO-man ? Quit having a problem with Leo-man. It ain't luck people. It's attitude. You also have to learn to take it when you DESERVE IT !

• xr650l bum

Posted December 04, 2007 - 08:32 PM

In fact, after having NO tickets for 15 years I just got a $364 red light camera ticket. Am I disappointed ? Yep... Pissed about the fees ? Yup. Will I pay $364 ? Not likely. How will I pay less ? Go down there... act right... politely point out the absurdity... as well as my record and I'll get cut a break.

You also have to learn to take it when you DESERVE IT !

What a hypocrite. If you got a red light ticket, guess what, YOU DESERVED IT! So cough up the dough. I can hear the speach now. As a cops son blah blah blah.

• rangerman

Posted December 04, 2007 - 08:33 PM

Well in my experience people that have issues with LEOs have issues with LEOs. I see the same Rangers as you do. I drive the same highways. I live in the same country. You suppose maybe my attitude is why I don't get all bent by them ? I know I have been ticketed for about 1% of the crap I have pulled in my life... if that.

Wanna quit having problems with LEO-man ? Quit having a problem with Leo-man. It ain't luck people. It's attitude. You also have to learn to take it when you DESERVE IT !

Are you talking to me?

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • BOLT Performance

Posted December 04, 2007 - 08:55 PM

Are you talking to me?

No sir... :thumbsup:

• BOLT Performance

Posted December 04, 2007 - 09:01 PM

What a hypocrite. If you got a red light ticket, guess what, YOU DESERVED IT! So cough up the dough. I can hear the speach now. As a cops son blah blah blah.

I'm not a hypocrit... and it has nothing to do with my Dad... I'll simply go to court... say GUILTY... and slip in the absurdity of $364 for an unmanned ticket. The judge will agree and charge me a reasonable fee because I am not a repeat loser. I'll feel good about manning up... I'll feel good about paying something reasonable... and I'll still think cops are cool people if you know how to treat them.

Now get back on my ignore list where you belong... LOLOLOLOLOLOL :thumbsup:

• hill5150

Posted December 05, 2007 - 03:10 PM

Well in my experience people that have issues with LEOs have issues with LEOs.(What? What?) I see the same Rangers as you do.( I don't I speed up) I drive the same highways. I live in the same country. You suppose maybe my attitude is why I don't get all bent by them ? ( Big difference between being bent and laying down all the time) I know I have been ticketed for about 1% of the crap I have pulled in my life... if that.( 1% is low, 99% of the time you must be really screwing off)

In fact, after having NO tickets for 15 years I just got a $364 red light camera ticket. Am I disappointed ? Yep...( Why, you blew a red light Einstein, and put yourself and others at risk) Pissed about the fees ? Yup. ( Red light tickets deserve those fees, it's called deterrance.......) Will I pay $364 ? Not likely. ( A lawyer will cost you more and you will lose) How will I pay less ? Go down there... act right... politely point out the absurdity... as well as my record and I'll get cut a break. ( good luck w/ that, if you do get cut a break, please post the final invoice, inquiring minds want to know)

Wanna quit having problems with LEO-man ? Quit having a problem with Leo-man. ( What?, What?) It ain't luck people.( Lucky people don't get caught, either that or they are just skilled......) It's attitude.( Attitude is everything) You also have to learn to take it when you DESERVE IT !

( You deserve the ticket for running the red and the exorbitant fine)

Big difference between cops and the BLM, real big. Neither one knows what they are talking about about half of all of the time....just jam another gear and see if they can catch you............:thumbsup:

• BWB63

Posted December 05, 2007 - 03:26 PM

I tried to give what I thought XR680RR was saying.....

I think "BOLT Performance" is trying to say summit as they stick it......oh, I mean ticket. We all have to give up a little freedom for security, so, we can all get allong.

Benjamin Franklin'
"They who would give up an essential liberty for temporary security, deserve neither liberty or security"

It was also said, "If you give up freedom for security, you wil have nether freedom nor security"

I don't fight the idiots when I go out riding. They will have to take care of the mess they make. It is sad to see the city idiot with no helmet, all tatted up, no shirt, drunk, 3 year old sitting in his lap, no helmet, riding right across the down side of a 100 foot jump with no clue there is someone in the air. If I don't like the trash they leave, I pick it up. We don't have to be taken care of by the state......or Fed's......we can do it ourselves.

• BOLT Performance

Posted December 06, 2007 - 02:57 AM

( You deserve the ticket for running the red and the exorbitant fine)

Yes, I'm a real badass criminal. I should even go to jail...

Camera says I was doing 41 in a 40 both entering and exiting the intersection... Clearly I was NOT racing to blow a light. I missed the red by 0.18 seconds and cleared the intersection after the light was red for 1.3 seconds. I was out of the intersection begore anyone had even made it across their own limit lines. Most probably were not even moving.

I simply felt jamming on my brakes when I thought I had more than enough yellow to safely cross was not the right choice in the moment. I was wrong. And no I won't be FIGHTING the ticket or hiring a lawyer. Remember I am the guy that works with people. I don't piss away time, money and start stupid "I hate my government" battles. My tools are the English language, reason and a positive attitude.

I proved it with one phone call in this thread and some of you still don't wanna get it. For all you guys that hate the BLM... the Cops... the Government... I suggest to you that YOUR approach isn't making you happy. :busted:

You can just keep hatin or try another. :thumbsup:

• philipstjohn

Posted December 06, 2007 - 07:06 AM

I'm not a hypocrit... and it has nothing to do with my Dad... I'll simply go to court... say GUILTY... and slip in the absurdity of $364 for an unmanned ticket. The judge will agree and charge me a reasonable fee because I am not a repeat loser. I'll feel good about manning up... I'll feel good about paying something reasonable... and I'll still think cops are cool people if you know how to treat them.

Now get back on my ignore list where you belong... LOLOLOLOLOLOL :busted:

Who cares about your ticket anyway? its unrelated to the thread- The fact is people like you who run red lights cause many accidents-Cleonard was just out for a ride, not breaking any laws and was cited and expected to pay a fine for a law he did not break. Maybe you can get your Daddy to try to help you "get off" paying for a fine you should pay completely- it seems you were actually caught on tape breaking the law! And it now has something to do with your Daddy, and his occupation because you brought him up. Your Dad may be a "cool cop", but not all are like your dad. Most people know if you fight with the cops your going to lose. Most people who give a cop an attitude get a much greater negative attitude in return. But what happened to fighting for your rights? Well, lets see, we highlight or point out to a cop on the scene he does not know the law, and guess what, we now have an attitude torwards cops and we get arrested! When you have a bunch of young cops out there who do not know the law as clearly as they should, especially being responsibile in enforcing these laws, with a power trip attitude it makes it hard to respect Law Enforcement of any branch of government. Your acting like a young cop would now so to speak, if we do not agree with your ideals then we are going to get on your "ignore list". Its kinda like "argue with me and your going to jail " attitude cops have today. Being as pro active as law enforcement is today, it seems its getting to the point that we are now being treated as a whole guilty until proven innocent. American Freedom is a beautiful and unique lifestyle most in the world will never enjoy, and if it were not for a "few rebels" out there we may eventually see ourselves losing this freedom. Just be a rebel with a cause, and always fight for your rights. Maybe if we had more "rebels" fighting for our rights, cops would understand their role as Law Enforcement, not Law Harrassment!!! :thumbsup: :busted:

• BOLT Performance

Posted December 08, 2007 - 04:26 AM

Be rude and mouth off all you want... You are proving my point. Bad attitudes create conflict. Conflict with a COP and you lose.

Fact remains... I respect Law Enforcement and give them every opportunity to lighten up. I don't react if they start off harsh. I make it easy on them and they go easy when they realize I am not going to play the "Challenge a Cop" game. I comply willingly because it's the LAW. If I ever do have an issue with a COP it won't be handled on the trail or side of the road with attitude. I'll smile and diffuse the situation. Then I'll address it with his supervisor later. Arguing with a cop is NOT an option. It's stupid.

Your post here is proof enough that you just hate cops. You wanna fight and antagonize and then claim cops suck. Do the math Einstein !

Clearly my approach is the one that works.

• philipstjohn

Posted December 08, 2007 - 06:31 AM

Be rude and mouth off all you want... You are proving my point. Bad attitudes create conflict. Conflict with a COP and you lose.
Fact remains... I respect Law Enforcement and give them every opportunity to lighten up. I don't react if they start off harsh. I make it easy on them and they go easy when they realize I am not going to play the "Challenge a Cop" game. I comply willingly because it's the LAW. If I ever do have an issue with a COP it won't be handled on the trail or side of the road with attitude. I'll smile and diffuse the situation. Then I'll address it with his supervisor later. Arguing with a cop is NOT an option. It's stupid.
Your post here is proof enough that you just hate cops. You wanna fight and antagonize and then claim cops suck. Do the math Einstein ! Clearly my approach is the one that works.

1. Rude, how was I rude? And, mouth off, bad attitide?, What happened to freedom of speech?

2. I never said I did not respect Law enforcement, and I pointed out arguing with cops will get you nowhere. And, If you read my first post on this thread it highlights how we can fight for our rights without conflict!

Just to let you know, I have friends in Law Enforcement, and I never stated I hate cops, or that I wanted to "fight and antagonize" with them. If your "tools are the english language" you should learn to use the language without making false statements, negative comments, etc. If your trying to persuade us in believing in your ideals thru the use of the english language you have failed to do so thus far, and it seems your creating conflict! :D :banghead: :busted:

• robertdegoey

Posted December 08, 2007 - 08:51 AM

A spark arrestor is a spark arrestor. As far as I know, no state or federal law specifies that you must have a screen spark arrestor. If you can prove that you had that exhaust on when you were cited, you should be good to go. Like all citations, whether its a cvc, cpc or some federal code, it boils down to you against the officer. Maybe he was inexperienced and the only type of spark arrestors he knows are the screen type. Supply proof, i.e., a riding buddy or something that documents you had that exhaust installed on that day. Good Luck.
Robert

• hill5150

Posted December 08, 2007 - 10:45 AM

Be rude and mouth off all you want... You are proving my point.( You have no point) Bad attitudes create conflict.( Conflict should be recognized, not sought out..(Harassment?) Conflict with a COP and you lose. ( Lose what, your pride?) laying down your whole life will turn you into [COLOR="Yellow"]Charley Brown[/COLOR].......[COLOR="Black"][/COLOR]

Fact remains... I respect Law Enforcement and give them every opportunity to lighten up.(Respect is a two way street, and LEO drives one way) I don't react if they start off harsh.(When don't they, we're always doing something wrong in their perspective) I make it easy on them and they go easy when they realize I am not going to play the "Challenge a Cop" game.( How are you making it easy, you just fell victim to their game,it's called quotas, look it up) I comply willingly because it's the LAW.( Sure, laws were meant to be, well, you know, within reason and safety of course, besides we all break the law every day, if you say no, you are a liar and a hypocrite) If I ever do have an issue with a COP it won't be handled on the trail or side of the road with attitude.( are you going to go grab a donut w/ him on his break:excuseme: ) I'll smile and diffuse the situation.( You should run the UN) Then I'll address it with his supervisor later. ( His super is on the take, and he respects his LEO puppet a hella more than you) Arguing with a cop is NOT an option.( It is an option, except it's not arguing, it's persuasion, big difference) It's stupid. ( Only if your arguing........)

Your post here is proof enough that you just hate cops. You wanna fight and antagonize and then claim cops suck. Do the math Einstein ! ( The cops are the ones doing the antagonizing, otherwise we the public would be pulling them over for excessive speeding w/ out cause, and on and on.....)

Clearly my approach is the one that works.

( You think?)( Do you walk tall or small?)

Ride on.........:banghead:

Related Content

Reviews

Honda XR650L 2017 by Chris.GVS

Honda XR650L 2017
  • - - - - -
  • 0 reviews
Forums
Photo

DirttyPig 2005 Xr650l Prroject! by braapmebb1moretime

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   XR600/650
  • 22 replies
Forums
Photo

Engine Loping/Sputtering by tcaldwell

• 2 replies
Forums
Photo

Which thumper motor for a street tracker? by woz

Dirt Bike   General Dirt Bike Forums   General Dirt Bike Discussion
  • * * * * -
  • Hot  29 replies
Forums
Photo

2015 XR650L Squeaking noise by Crayjay

• 3 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.