07 WR450 - Need Bigger Tank!

16 replies to this topic
  • tonymillertnt

Posted November 25, 2007 - 12:11 AM

At the risk of humiliation and scorn, I can't find the Forum's recommendation for a larger aftermarket tank.

Can you sage advisors help me out? The "Parts Store" link doesn't list any 07 tanks.
Thanks!

• redswr

Posted November 25, 2007 - 01:28 AM

here you go... http://www.thumperta...ad.php?t=566274 warning... some people give bad gas if you don't search... :thumbsup:

• ophir

Posted November 25, 2007 - 05:33 AM

I will not give you bad gas. I went with the IMS and the YZ Shrouds. I went with the Blue tank because I do not like the way the clear tanks look after some time on them. I went with black yz shrouds becuase the blue look like crap after a crash. There are not any WR shroud decals that fit the YZ, so I picked out some cool YZ ones and threw them on. It looks nice and confuses people.

• SXP

Posted November 25, 2007 - 09:14 AM

I will not give you bad gas. I went with the IMS and the YZ Shrouds. I went with the Blue tank because I do not like the way the clear tanks look after some time on them. I went with black yz shrouds becuase the blue look like crap after a crash. There are not any WR shroud decals that fit the YZ, so I picked out some cool YZ ones and threw them on. It looks nice and confuses people.

Got any pics?

• clark4131

Posted November 25, 2007 - 09:33 AM

...some people give bad gas if you don't search... :busted:

:thumbsup:...:busted:

IMS and Clarke are pretty much the only companies making something for the aluminum frame bikes...SC

• tweav

Posted November 25, 2007 - 12:18 PM

here's my black ims

Posted Image

Posted Image

• Randy Nilles

Posted November 25, 2007 - 04:58 PM

Where did you get the black IMS? When I bought mine back in June they didnt have that color option. Or is there a secret?

• resinlips

Posted November 25, 2007 - 08:36 PM

Ya know Tweav I've put some parts on my WR and would like to do more to it. I almost hurled after seeing your pics, that bike is sick! Nice job.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • tweav

Posted November 26, 2007 - 01:07 AM

I called Ims aug 5th , and they said they had black. I got a really good deal on the triple clamp and the scott's 450 for the whole setup but ,it was for a yz so I had to make a bracket to hold my computer. If you want to see sick that crf is going to be street legal also but it's getting a fresh ported cr 500 motor stuffed into it .brand new 2006 street legal cr500xafc dual sport sick.:thumbsup: :busted: :busted:

• ophir

Posted November 26, 2007 - 03:00 PM

I am bummed. I always go for a black tank. IMS did not have one when I got mine in Sept.

Do not buy the Clark without checking. I was told that the Clark tank, even with the YZ shrouds would not work on the WR. The Clark was my first choice, but after checking it out, on the IMS would work.

• Michigan DS

Posted November 26, 2007 - 03:06 PM

www.justgastanks.com has stocked the black tank since this past Spring.
They also stock the shrouds.

Give them a try.

Good Luck,

Doug

• MaynardF16

Posted November 26, 2007 - 05:39 PM

I bought mine from them. The owner is a very nice guy. Personally delivered my tank as I was driving to the desert. Now if I could just find time to install it!

Maynard

• Randy Nilles

Posted November 26, 2007 - 07:50 PM

Do you know of a good way to paint the blue tank black, that would stand up to the abuse we put them through or gas spilling on them?

• dirtrider115

Posted November 26, 2007 - 08:00 PM

Dont even think of that please,you will be sorry.

• Oldest Fart

Posted November 26, 2007 - 08:04 PM

here's my black ims

Posted Image

Posted Image

Wow; were can I get a rack like that? I am in Australia and have never seen one.....reards OF

• Randy Nilles

Posted November 28, 2007 - 11:08 AM

Dont even think of that please,you will be sorry.

That is what I was afraid of. Thanks!

• tweav

Posted November 28, 2007 - 08:09 PM

the rack came from promoto billet . it's a nice piece to grab and move the bike by .not to mention the tie down

http://www.promotobi...51864f3f9494e4d

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.