2001 KX65 fork oil height

3 replies to this topic
  • onto1wheel

Posted November 24, 2007 - 10:05 PM

Anybody willing to give me the fork oil height or volume for a 2001 KX65?
I just bought it used and don't really want to fork over all the money for a shop manual just yet.
I searched for a while, couldn't find this info (maybe my search skills are bad?)

(and thanks to those of you that shared info on the fender washer as an exhaust plug to eliminate the hit as it comes "on the pipe". I think just learning the clutch was hard enough on the little guy. I keep opening up the restrictor a little at a time and he always wants more power. Just wait til he gets it, he'll be flat on his back in no time at all! The KX65 has monster power)
Doug

• yurdaddy

Posted November 25, 2007 - 08:09 AM

With the standard fork spring the standard oil level is 132 mm, with a adjustable range of 98-142 mm:prof: . The owners manual says use Showa SS8 or SAE 10W-20.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • rm65dad

Posted November 25, 2007 - 08:24 AM

Don't know the fork oil spec. but if your interested in buying a flywheel weight I had one on my son's RM65 that we don't use anymore. Send me a Pm if interested.

• onto1wheel

Posted November 25, 2007 - 03:21 PM

Thanks a bunch for the specs!

Related Content

Forums
Photo

Precision Concepts 2003 KX 270 by smv ryder

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Kawasaki   Kawasaki 2-Stroke
  • 5 replies
Forums
Photo

Kx 125 Build by NzJohny

• Hot  28 replies
Forums
Photo

kx 125 clutch basket help by mhogan1000

• 5 replies
Forums
Photo

Help, what year model is this? KX125 by Rinox88

• 14 replies
Forums
Photo

Bad Ass Kx125 Build by Bh297

• Hot  68 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.