New Mexico trails

1 reply to this topic
  • ronsurf1

Posted October 02, 2002 - 05:20 PM

I am visiting from California and have a few days to ride in the Taos area and was wondering if any one can point me in the right direction for rideing? I will be heading towards Moab next and then have a week to ride some where in between Taos and California. I will check this post on the morning of the 3rd and later dates also, any help would be greatly apppreciated. Thank you! :)

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Hick

Posted October 02, 2002 - 07:01 PM

Just south of Mile Marker 9 on Highway 68, just a few miles north of Española, there is a good riding area on the east side of the highway.

There is a small store on the west side of the road about a mile to the south of the turnoff, which is a pretty well traveled dirt road. If you follow this road to the east for about one or two miles it hits the foothills of the mountains, there is a sand wash that runs out of these hills towards the road, and that is the trail head for some good sand wash and trail riding.

RMEC has an enduro here, and NMDRC has a race on the same trails every year.

Probably a 30 or 40 minute drive from Taos.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.