Brake Light switch

4 replies to this topic
  • Python2112

Posted November 24, 2007 - 06:26 AM

Has anyone added a mechanical (ie drum brakes) brake light switch to an older XR, I can get a switch cheap enough but not really sure where to mount on the frame and connect to brake pedal, any help appreciated.

Posted Image

• cleonard

Posted November 24, 2007 - 07:27 AM

I have a later disc braked bike with the Baja Designs kit. It uses a mechanical brake light switch that has a bracket which mounts to one of the case cover bolts. It connects to the brake lever. That setup should work just as well on your bike.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Python2112

Posted November 24, 2007 - 07:33 AM

I have a later disc braked bike with the Baja Designs kit. It uses a mechanical brake light switch that has a bracket which mounts to one of the case cover bolts. It connects to the brake lever. That setup should work just as well on your bike.

Do you have a link to that, I went to their website, I see the switch but nothing on a bracket or where it goes, do you have a pic of yours?

• absynth01

Posted November 24, 2007 - 05:32 PM

I've got an 89' drum 600R with baja designs. It is mechanical and you remove one of the side cover bolts to fasten the switch. It comes with a small bracket and wouldn't be tough to make. The switch looks the same as on my other bikes, including the 04'650L. The rod from the switch attaches to a spring, then attaches to your brake lever. Here's a couple pics
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

• Python2112

Posted November 25, 2007 - 06:03 AM

Found it, bought it, thanks!:thumbsup:

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.