2 replies to this topic

Posted March 29, 2002 - 05:10 PM

Could you list the pilot jet/main air jet (PAJ?)refference chart that you put together and how manny turns on the mas from sudco equals? I have done a search and can't seem to find it. Thanks

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • James_Dean

Posted March 30, 2002 - 07:21 PM

See the table in: http://www.lifenet.com/brm/carbkei.htm

It has the air screw turns equivalents to pilot air jet size.
1 1/2=#125

The pilot air screw(PAS) is a replacement for your stock pilot air jet.

The correlation between the pilot jet(PJ) and pilot air jet(PAJ) to get a similar mixture according to Taffy is as follows:

48 - 110-125
45 - 100
42 - 75
38 - 65
35 - 55

This is with the pilot (fuel) screw at 1.5 turns plus or minus .5.
Keep in mind these are estimates without an air bypass valve activated. The PAJ may come down by 5-10 to get the most benefit.

The best way that I can describe what Taffy has found here is ideal settings for very crisp idle jetting. Especially at the small pilot jet sizes it has a nice sound to it, starts quick, snaps forward, runs clean. The needle selection he usually suggests with these is EMM#5 or EMN#5. This is also with reducing accelerator pump flow down to less than 1mm.

(Taffy, anything to add??? :) )

[ March 31, 2002: Message edited by: James Dean ]

• Taffy

Posted April 01, 2002 - 01:52 AM

just to say to engmedic that it's listed at the bottom of jetting Q's and as you say i then modify my numbers so that the PAJ's would be even smaller. this again is in another list getting close to the end of my research (jan '02?).

there isn't a MAJ screw, just MAJ's ok?

these are relevant to the powercurve of each model. having said that-all the manufacturers want the same powercurve!

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.