Street Legal 1991 XR600R, $350

2 replies to this topic
  • Owyhee

Posted November 21, 2007 - 04:17 PM

Score. Got this one last night. Thanks Brandon!

Posted Image

Rolling frame on the right, engine bits in the foreground, head bits in the background, exhaust in the middle, XR200 butt in the immediate foreground.

Posted Image

Head bits in the foreground, engine bits in the middle, roller on the left, my '99 XR600R awaiting rebuilt WP shock in the background.

Posted Image

The roller with not one but TWO sets of front blinkers (and none in the back...) and my '99 in the background.

The bike has some choice bits like White Bros E-Somethingorother muffler, a head flowed by XR's only, frame guards, trick upper triple clamp machined to accept bar risers, Answer bars, and non-bald tires.

The bike ended up like it did because of oiling problems with the head. There's a bunch of fried rockers, two fried cams, and three of the four valves were hitting the piston. Luckily, I have two rocker boxes, 1.5 sets of new valves, and a 1.0mm over piston.

As I'm just going to box everything up as best I can and store it all till summer 2009, my quest for parts (and the money that it takes to collect all the parts) is still a year and a half off.

"O"

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • zrxer

Posted November 22, 2007 - 05:24 AM

Sweet!:thumbsup:

• butcharin

Posted November 22, 2007 - 07:59 AM

Sweeeeeeeet Ilove getting bikes cheep and with a little work they are a blast.:thumbsup:

Related Content

Forums
Photo

Engine Loping/Sputtering by tcaldwell

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   XR600/650
  • 2 replies
Forums
Photo

DirttyPig 2005 Xr650l Prroject! by braapmebb1moretime

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   XR600/650
  • 22 replies
Forums
Photo

Post Apocalypse, ThumperTalk style! by Justin Pearson

Dirt Bike   General Dirt Bike Forums   General Dirt Bike Discussion
  • Hot  35 replies
Reviews

Honda XR650L 2017 by Chris.GVS

Honda XR650L 2017
  • - - - - -
  • 0 reviews
Forums
Photo
Washington

Cle Elum Sunday 5/29: Looking for dual sport tips by TigerTanker

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   Northwest
  • Hot  32 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.