• srhines67

Posted November 21, 2007 - 09:38 AM

Are there any 08 WR450 Reviews Out There Yet

• SJMC_DON

Posted November 21, 2007 - 11:21 AM

Aren't they just 07's with different graphics?:thumbsup:

• oldwhitehaired

Posted November 21, 2007 - 05:22 PM

I just bought the 2008. I know very little about Yamaha bikes, it's my first, so I have no way to compare it to the 2007 model. From everything I've heard, there is very little difference or any (Don pointed out that the graphics may be different).

For a newbie to Yamahas, all I can tell you is that it ran pretty darn good out of the box with zero modifications. Started easy, idled nicely, didn't over heat - even a slow speed riding, which I am very good at. :thumbsup:

The 1/4 throttle is a bit unconventional, but it went fast enough for me as a 53 year old rider.

Next week it goes in for the GYTR jetting kit, throttle stop fix, air filter mod (the shop said to go to a "Uni" filter), and the AIS, which is included with the jetting kit - so I was told by the shop. I am also considering the FMF muffler, or just putting that GYTR end cap on and calling it a day.

Overall, the bike is great and feels very light and quick. I am sure I will be a danger to myself and others when I finally pop the cork on this beast.

• Ironhorse

Posted November 21, 2007 - 06:25 PM

Bold new Graphics ? If thats it there should be good deals on the 07's if a person can find one..What about the seat height? It seems the older WR's had close to a 40 inch seat height and the new ones 07 & 08s are around 38 inches.Do they seem a little lower ? I want one real bad. I have sat on one at the dealer and it seemed okay but at 5'7" I'm thinking I might need a lower seat for the real world.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • oldwhitehaired

Posted November 21, 2007 - 07:32 PM

Bold new Graphics ? If thats it there should be good deals on the 07's if a person can find one..What about the seat height? It seems the older WR's had close to a 40 inch seat height and the new ones 07 & 08s are around 38 inches.Do they seem a little lower ? I want one real bad. I have sat on one at the dealer and it seemed okay but at 5'7" I'm thinking I might need a lower seat for the real world.

It's like riding a Skyscraper - and I thought the KTM 640 Adventure was tall, the WR is higher up, but feels okay with the sag.

• KennyMc

Posted November 21, 2007 - 10:06 PM

Aren't they just 07's with different graphics?:thumbsup:

They are 2lbs heavier than the '07.:ride: I think I read somewhere it was a thicker gas tank. Something about emissions:banghead:

• dirtrider115

Posted November 21, 2007 - 10:10 PM

Go quiet on the exhaust you have more power than most need,i have a 08 wr250f and went with the end cap.Im spending my bucks on the suspension, its a bit weak for the dez but ok in the mountains.

• JSanfilippo

Posted November 21, 2007 - 11:21 PM

BNGs, thicker gas tank, and a less noisy clutch. Other than that its the same 'ol good steed.

Pop the cork on it! Get some radiator guards, handguards, and a skidplate on there and enjoy! :thumbsup:

Put some money aside for some tires. You'll be going through rears fairly quickly. I suck at riding and smoked the first tire after a little over 400 miles.

• suzukipoo

Posted November 22, 2007 - 12:56 AM

And black clutch/magneto covers!
Just bough my 07 and there are some good deals out there!
Got a free FMF slip on with my bike!!

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.