GPR/DH1 question

3 replies to this topic
  • dieseld

Posted March 29, 2002 - 09:36 AM

I am about to order a GPR pro kit for my 98 WR, and I'm wondering what setup you guys went with. A quick call to GPR got me the recommendation of DH1 clamp position #3, with CR low bend bars.

What clamp and bars did you go with, and what do you think ? I am 6'1", and could definitely use a little more forward room than stock when standing up on the bike.

• dgrimmy

Posted March 29, 2002 - 02:08 PM

I have the GPR/DH1 clamp w/ Tag CR Hi bars and will ride it for the first time this weekend. I recently installed the Fastway Low Boy pegs (which is the same as doing the free mod, 1/2" lower, 1/2" back) and the clamp has the bars in the first set of holes (closest to the rider). I'm taking it out for the maidne voyage with this setup so I'll let you know. I'm 6'3" as a reference point.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • dieseld

Posted March 29, 2002 - 07:16 PM

How did the install go ?

Did you get the weld on or clamp on post ?

• dgrimmy

Posted April 01, 2002 - 11:52 AM

Install went well, it's the bolt on version. Rode Saturday and it was definitely noticeable.

The bar position is different than before so it's going to take a couple rides to get used to.

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.