where to find OEM parts besides the dealer

15 replies to this topic
  • Stepdaddy

Posted November 20, 2007 - 02:19 PM

Hey guys just got my 08 450 a few days ago and lets just say something bad happened...I need to stock/aftermarket lever, and lever only...most of the yam dealers around here are HORRIBLE when it comes to customer service..so does anyone have any good sites I can buy OEM/aftermarket parts off?

sorry for the newb question, im use to riding a 2stroke:naughty:

• jayh300

Posted November 20, 2007 - 02:36 PM

tt store... bike bandit....pit posse
i have used all three with no prob's
welcome to TT btw, what part of TEXAS ???

• markseaba

Posted November 20, 2007 - 02:42 PM

You are on a great OEM site, contact the TT OEM. My buddy just ordered upper forks for his WR450 from them, great price.

• Stepdaddy

Posted November 20, 2007 - 02:49 PM

tt store... bike bandit....pit posse
i have used all three with no prob's
welcome to TT btw, what part of TEXAS ???

Thanks for the help...Im in the Tomball area, Houston is the biggest city near me.

• grayracer513

Posted November 20, 2007 - 02:52 PM

http://oem.thumperta...om/default.aspx

• jayh300

Posted November 20, 2007 - 02:55 PM

Thanks for the help...Im in the Tomball area, Houston is the biggest city near me.

Amarillo here....
a long way away.

• Stepdaddy

Posted November 20, 2007 - 02:55 PM

Looks like that membership fee will come in handy..thanks guys i needed to pointed in the right direction

• grayracer513

Posted November 20, 2007 - 03:48 PM

You'll get the fee back in savings on your first purchase of anything worth $50 retail, even with the shipping (unless it's really big or heavy).

Fat discounts, good service, parts delivered to your door.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • 642MX

Posted November 20, 2007 - 04:28 PM

http://www.crotchrocket.com/

No membership fees, wholesale prices, and reliable shipping. :thumbsup:

The normal TT store is awesome, but I've had issues with OEM TT (Generation MX) When I don't get parts and can't ride, I get angry very fast. So far, JT Motorsports hasn't made me angry.

• rickallen124

Posted November 20, 2007 - 09:37 PM

North County Yamaha is also good. Give them a call at 1-800-225-1629 or check them out at www.ncyyamaha.com

• grayracer513

Posted November 20, 2007 - 11:15 PM

Their service may be good, but their prices are quite a bit higher than the TT store or CR.

• yz_for_me

Posted November 20, 2007 - 11:50 PM

I use powersportspro.com. They have an online microfiche to find what you're looking for and I've never had a problem with them. No membership fees either.

• Stepdaddy

Posted November 21, 2007 - 05:36 AM

membership fees dont really bother me...10 bucks to find what you need is well worth it...looks like a have a few options to look into....i cant wait to heal up and get my bike back out on the dirt

• grayracer513

Posted November 21, 2007 - 08:37 AM

I use powersportspro.com. They have an online microfiche to find what you're looking for and I've never had a problem with them. No membership fees either.

Three parts at random:

'04 YZ450 CRANKSHAFT ASSY (5XD-11400-00-00)
Retail: $353.48

PowerSprtsPro: $353.48

North County Yamaha: $300.46

TT OEM: $279.52

CrotchRocket: $285.76

'04 YZ450 3rd wheel gear (5TA-17231-00-00)
Retail: $42.99

PowerSportsPro: $45.22

North County Yamaha: $38.44

TT OEM: $27.35

CrotchRocket: $29.90

'06 YZ450 Clutch Friction plates (x9) (5TA-16321-00-00)
Retail: $96.39

PowerSportsPro: $86.73

North County Yamaha: $73.71

TT OEM: $66.33

CrotchRocket: $58.50

Crotchrocket,com is the only one I know of that competes with TT OEM. There have been times when they had problems getting the parts I needed, but TT OEM always told me about it. I've had them do other things for me, like pack two orders placed at different times in the same box to save shipping, expedite shipping on follow-up orders, and ship back ordered parts free when I needed the rest of the order right away, all without being asked. IMO, it's $10 well spent.

• 642MX

Posted November 21, 2007 - 09:13 AM

There have been times when they had problems getting the parts I needed, but TT OEM always told me about it. I've had them do other things for me, like pack two orders placed at different times in the same box to save shipping, expedite shipping on follow-up orders, and ship back ordered parts free when I needed the rest of the order right away, all without being asked. IMO, it's $10 well spent.

I've ordered parts from OEMTT and told them I needed the part by Friday so I could ride, I also told them I could care less how they shipped the part, just make sure it I got it by the weekend....... The first time my bike sat on the stand for the weekend, I thought maybe I didn't get my point across, the second time it happened, I thought I seen a pattern developing.

Like I said, the regular TT store is awesome, but when I need OEM parts, I call crotchrocket. :thumbsup:

• Stepdaddy

Posted November 21, 2007 - 11:10 AM

I've ordered parts from OEMTT and told them I needed the part by Friday so I could ride, I also told them I could care less how they shipped the part, just make sure it I got it by the weekend....... The first time my bike sat on the stand for the weekend, I thought maybe I didn't get my point across, the second time it happened, I thought I seen a pattern developing.

Like I said, the regular TT store is awesome, but when I need OEM parts, I call crotchrocket. :thumbsup:

Sounds like the usual situation...eveone has different exsperiences with different companies...seems to me use the one that works best for you

Related Content

Forums
Photo

Megabomb Fitment by 288yz450

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • 1 reply
Wiki
WR Camshaft Swap Info - last post by jamesm113

WR Camshaft Swap Info

Articles
  • 0 replies
Forums
Photo

James Stewart back on a YZ450F by YamaLink

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  47 replies
Forums
Photo

First Hare scramble tips by dhend8

Dirt Bike   General Dirt Bike Forums   General Dirt Bike Discussion
  • Hot  33 replies
Forums
Photo

Is it worth it? (Cam and High compression piston) by macgi77

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   CRF 150/230 F/L
  • Hot  36 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.