2008 WR 450 Exhaust Systems - FMF, DrD, Pro Circuit, Yoshimura

41 replies to this topic
  • IBLucky

Posted December 29, 2008 - 07:43 PM

On the Dr. D exhaust with pipe, do you have to loosen the pipe to get at the oil filter? does anyone know? I thought this was an issue before. I'm thinking of buying one but I had heard of this awhile ago.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • tunefx

Posted December 29, 2008 - 08:08 PM

Yes, you have to loosen the header bolts. It's not a problem. The header pipe goes a bit lower than the stock header for one reason that I can think of. DRD also sells a radiator lowering kit. In order to use the lowering kit you have to use their header pipe. Rather than sell two types of header pipes they sell one--my guess but it makes sense to me.

In the scheme of things, removing the case protector to change the oil and then getting the new oil set to the right level are bigger pains than loosening the pipe.

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.