Too Loud???

5 replies to this topic
  • rdahl

Posted November 20, 2007 - 08:58 AM

I'm riding the LA-Barstow-Vegas ride this Friday. Tech inpection says they are doing sound checks....do you guys know if a Pro Circut T-4 with screen and insert will pass the 96dbA?? It's alot of work to line up everything for this ride and i wouldn't forgive myself if i didn't make it out of tech...Thanks

o and its for a R.

• knuklehead

Posted November 20, 2007 - 09:18 AM

Have one and it won't pass unless you put there insert in it.Bought one and it's just an end cap with a washer with a smaller hole welded in the end cap,Like 1/2" dia. realy pluged it up.Now I run the 496 at events,T4 on the street.

• rdahl

Posted November 20, 2007 - 10:10 AM

Thanks....just ordered up the 496 and picking it up today...guess i'll be droping a jet size too. O well at least i'll be able to do the ride even if i won't be power wheeling in 4th :thumbsup:

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • gearloos

Posted November 20, 2007 - 12:21 PM

I can second knucklehead on that, I have the t-4 and it is pretty loud.
I heard the 496 was supposed to be named because it is 4-stroke, 96 decibles

• rdahl

Posted November 20, 2007 - 04:03 PM

Got it in my hands...wow this thing is almost a cork. The smallest opening is about the size of a penny...Bruuupppp...o wait i mean pfffffttttt!!!
Thanks again for the input.

• hondacrf150f1

Posted November 21, 2007 - 07:56 PM

Have one and it won't pass unless you put there insert in it.Bought one and it's just an end cap with a washer with a smaller hole welded in the end cap,Like 1/2" dia. realy pluged it up.Now I run the 496 at events,T4 on the street.

How loud? Right now im running stock exhuast with the HRC tip, it can be easily heard from a quarter mile away depending on the wind, id like something around the same in noice, i think if i went louder it would get annoying/illegal.

Not sure between Pro Circiut, FMF powerbomb, or XR's only pipe

Related Content

Forums
Photo

Fell Off Trailer by usafxr

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   XR600/650
  • Hot  43 replies
Forums
Photo

Wiseco 101MM Spark Knock Low Engine Temps by imandrewparks

• 7 replies
Forums
Photo

Would a Young Scott Summers still be Competitive today on an XR600R? What would he ride to be competitive today? by Jayzonk

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  158 replies
Forums
Photo

2015 XR650L Squeaking noise by Crayjay

• 3 replies
Forums
Photo

Engine Loping/Sputtering by tcaldwell

• 2 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.