Theft Safety

8 replies to this topic
  • ty151

Posted November 19, 2007 - 01:16 PM

I just recently bought an 03 wr450f, supermoto street legal. I want to be able to ride it to work, but that means i have to leave it in the parking lot all day. Since it just has the ignition on/off switch, it would take 5 seconds for someone to jump on and take off with my bike.

What do you guys suggest as safety against this? Im gonna buy a disc lock as soon as possible but i was thinking if maybe there was some possible way to run a key ignition?? Thanks

• clark4131

Posted November 19, 2007 - 01:57 PM

search for "key AND ignition", lots of info...SC

• creeky

Posted November 19, 2007 - 02:11 PM

I use a hidden toggle switch and put a railroad padlock through the rear sprocket and around the chain. It's not a bad idea to use a cable and padlock and secure the bike to a pole or fence post.

• Thumper_Bloke

Posted November 19, 2007 - 07:04 PM

I added a key, got a grizzly keyswitch off of ebay. I also use a NY chain and leave it on the pole.
Posted Image

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • tweav

Posted November 19, 2007 - 08:11 PM

I put a switch off of a blaster on mine. but I had to solder the wires on to the two termails on the switch to make it work right ,it was backward

• ty151

Posted November 19, 2007 - 08:35 PM

Yea definately gonna get a lock, but wanna get some kinda just to give me a little better feeling of leaving it somewhere..

• ty151

Posted November 19, 2007 - 09:04 PM

where can i get a keyswitch? And how does it actually work? Will the keyswitch from Baja Designs work on an 03 wr450f?? Thanks

• brt 426

Posted November 23, 2007 - 06:09 PM

were are going to leave it?

• brt 426

Posted November 23, 2007 - 06:10 PM

Just joking . It would cost me too much to fly over

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.