Wr426 resources

6 replies to this topic
  • UK_Paul

Posted March 29, 2002 - 03:17 AM

Hi.

After weeks of research and deciding the best ride for myself, I'm planning on purchasing a new wr426F.

I've found loads of info on this forum about the various free mods that can be done to the stock wr (throttle stop / grey wire / airbox) but wondered if there are any sites out there that give detailed instructions and pictures of these processes being applied?

Any good links appreciated.

Thanks

Paul.

• lewichris

Posted March 29, 2002 - 05:57 AM

i think under technical there is quite abit of stuff

• Guy

Posted March 29, 2002 - 06:45 AM

:) Remember, the throttle stop/grey wire thingy's don't apply to UK bikes, you will spend a long time looking otherwise :D

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • UK_Paul

Posted March 29, 2002 - 07:33 AM

Originally posted by Guy:
:) Remember, the throttle stop/grey wire thingy's don't apply to UK bikes, you will spend a long time looking otherwise :D

I was thinking of buying an import with the factory Yam dualsport eqpt. Do you know if other european bikes have these restictions?

Cheers

paul.

• yamaha.dude

Posted March 29, 2002 - 11:23 AM

There is another topic going on in the Wr250 forum at the moment...

New WR250 owner needs help

Check it out...

Like it was stated above, you cannot do the throttle stop and grey wire, so skip those steps...

HTH

David

• Guy

Posted March 29, 2002 - 01:02 PM

:) As far as I'm aware, the grey wire/throttle stop are a US only deal, due to emissions etc, everything else that applies to the bike re: jetting ,Pump jet mods etc is fine
My 99 is a euro model and there is no grey wire and my stop is "Normal" :D

[ March 29, 2002: Message edited by: Guy ]

• UK_Paul

Posted March 29, 2002 - 01:23 PM

Great.. thanks. The link to the other thread was very useful. Perhaps the Thumpertalk webmaster might put these links in the technical section?

The internet is a wonderful thing, I don't even own a 426 yet and I'm already armed with so much info about it.

My only choice now is whether to take the plunge in a few weeks time when I'll have the cash (I hope) or wait and see what the 03 version brings :)

(scratch that... I know I won't be able to wait) hehe

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.