Case cover, what material is it?

23 replies to this topic
  • tnl

Posted November 23, 2007 - 08:47 PM

Got a check from Geico today for $1119! What to do next? Take it to a shop and have them repair the bike at no cost to me or do it myself and pocket the labor money (4 hours @ $89/hr) and add a Wr tranny? The labor rate for this job is actually 8.5 hrs at $89/hr's. I'm nervous about trying to tackle the job myself since I have never opened a case before but the tweeker in me wants to and I'm curious about the longevity of a WR tranny in a Yz? Also, the claims adjuster told me that this check is just a preliminary check and once the case is opened and more damaged parts are needed then he will send more to cover the additional cost if needed. Man, what a good scenario to be in? Very happy so far with Geico!!

• grayracer513

Posted November 23, 2007 - 11:13 PM

I'd be pretty tickled with them myself. :thumbsup:

The WR trans holds up OK, and makes a pretty damn good mod for someone who rides mostly desert, enduro, woods, etc., and not so much MX. They have a considerably lower first gear, plus the tall 5th. The middle 3 gears are similar to a YZ450's top 3, but spaced a little wider.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • albertaguy

Posted November 24, 2007 - 11:30 AM

Got a check from Geico today for $1119!

:thumbsup: Great news

• todds924

Posted November 24, 2007 - 08:27 PM

Got a check from Geico today for $1119! What to do next? Take it to a shop and have them repair the bike at no cost to me or do it myself and pocket the labor money (4 hours @ $89/hr) and add a Wr tranny? The labor rate for this job is actually 8.5 hrs at $89/hr's. I'm nervous about trying to tackle the job myself since I have never opened a case before but the tweeker in me wants to and I'm curious about the longevity of a WR tranny in a Yz? Also, the claims adjuster told me that this check is just a preliminary check and once the case is opened and more damaged parts are needed then he will send more to cover the additional cost if needed. Man, what a good scenario to be in? Very happy so far with Geico!!

Thats awesome!!! If you have never rebuilt a motor before however.....I would probably have the shop do it.

Related Content

Forums
Photo

First Hare scramble tips by dhend8

Dirt Bike   General Dirt Bike Forums   General Dirt Bike Discussion
  • Hot  33 replies
Forums
Photo

The "going back to the other darkside" adventure... by Monk

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   KTM   250/350/450/505 SX-F & XC-F (4-Strokes)
  • Hot  94 replies
Forums
Photo

James Stewart back on a YZ450F by YamaLink

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  47 replies
Forums
Photo

2016 YZ450 by CaptainKnobby

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Technical Forums   Suspension
  • Hot  59 replies
Forums
Photo

Megabomb Fitment by 288yz450

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • 1 reply

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.