XR650L Wont Rev

11 replies to this topic
  • firemanshawn

Posted November 18, 2007 - 05:52 PM

When Im trying to rev my bike out it cuts out. Wont rev anywhere near where my XR600 would go. Any Ideas.

XR650L 2005, Jetting Kit, smog elimination kit, T4 exhaust Many other extras.

• Rman of 237

Posted November 18, 2007 - 07:13 PM

Sounds like its starved for gas. What have you checked so far? Good flow from the tank? Float level? Main jet? Clean air filter?:thumbsup:

R....

• martinfan30

Posted November 18, 2007 - 07:16 PM

need more info to help. HOT or COLD? WOT or gradual throttle movement?

intermittent or consistent?:thumbsup:

• firemanshawn

Posted November 18, 2007 - 07:21 PM

It acts like it has a governor on it. It does it hot or cold. It runs great up till it hits this rev limit. Is thier something in the ignition of the L that limits how high it will Rev? I live at 3400 ft. maybe the jetting is off.

• martinfan30

Posted November 18, 2007 - 07:26 PM

It acts like it has a governor on it. It does it hot or cold. It runs great up till it hits this rev limit. Is thier something in the ignition of the L that limits how high it will Rev? I live at 3400 ft. maybe the jetting is off.

i beleive the RPM limit is 7500. is the air cleaner clean? has it been sitting? may need a carb cleaning. still have stock carb/jetting? have the valves been adjusted ???

• martinfan30

Posted November 18, 2007 - 07:27 PM

i beleive the RPM limit is 7500. is the air cleaner clean? has it been sitting? may need a carb cleaning. still have stock carb/jetting? have the valves been adjusted ???

also if the stock exhaust is still on, remove the clean out plate from the muffler and clean it out by winding up the eng.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • firemanshawn

Posted November 18, 2007 - 07:33 PM

The jetting is not stock. It has and after market exhaust (T4) Thing runs great untill i Get into the higher RPM. Air cleaner is a new UNI.

• martinfan30

Posted November 18, 2007 - 07:39 PM

The jetting is not stock. It has and after market exhaust (T4) Thing runs great untill i Get into the higher RPM. Air cleaner is a new UNI.

ok, if it has been sitting for awhile, then do carb cleaning.

did this just start, or has it been happening for awhile?

as long as it doesnt die on you, i wouldnt worry about electronics for now.

• Rman of 237

Posted November 18, 2007 - 08:00 PM

When you installed the Uni, were you sure to squeeze all the excess oil out of it?
Another thing, who rejeted it? Was it the p.o.? Make sure the throttle linkages are adjusted properly to allow for a full throw from stop to stop.

• XR650L_Dave

Posted November 19, 2007 - 09:07 AM

Really need to know what jetting kit, and what # jets.

It does sound like a rich condition.

If you pull the side plate / airbox cover and it revs better, you're rich.

Dave

• Krannie McKranface

Posted November 19, 2007 - 08:30 PM

It's probably not jetting, but an electrical problem:

- plug wire (either end)
- plug
- coil ground

• firemanshawn

Posted November 20, 2007 - 05:52 PM

I just bought the bike. I have not been in the carb yet. It has a jetting kit by dyna jet installed. New spring and a 165 main jet. bike is unkorked and has a pro circut t4 exhaust. Im not sure where the clip is set on the pin. I will play with it and see if it is running to rich. The thing really does run good untill you get to that upper RPM than it just cuts out. Thanks for all of the advice. keep it comming.

Related Content

Forums
Photo

DirttyPig 2005 Xr650l Prroject! by braapmebb1moretime

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   XR600/650
  • 22 replies
Forums
Photo

2015 XR650L Squeaking noise by Crayjay

• 3 replies
Reviews

Honda XR650L 2017 by Chris.GVS

Honda XR650L 2017
  • - - - - -
  • 0 reviews
Forums
Photo

Fell Off Trailer by usafxr

• Hot  43 replies
Forums
Photo

Which thumper motor for a street tracker? by woz

Dirt Bike   General Dirt Bike Forums   General Dirt Bike Discussion
  • * * * * -
  • Hot  29 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.