i have just got wr400f 2002, whats the best pipe

7 replies to this topic
  • madmanuk

Posted October 01, 2002 - 08:04 PM

i need a race pipe for my wr400f 2002, i am in the uk so does anyone know where i can get one from and the price of one, Also what els can i do to make it faster. :)
Thanks

• levy1

Posted October 03, 2002 - 06:46 AM

anything you can find including a YZ Exhaust will be better then stock.

• Tom_Rowlee

Posted October 04, 2002 - 03:38 PM

I took my f m f power core 4 of because it's so loud and put the stock pipe back on removed the end baffel and it seams to work good in the woods , also is a bit quiter and has a spark arrestor .

• Guy

Posted October 05, 2002 - 11:31 AM

The white Bros E series works well , but is a little loud, other than that check out off-road dealers for other cans ! pay anything from £200 to £700 :)

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • diablo682

Posted October 05, 2002 - 12:07 PM

I love my White Bro. E series. Loud but awsome!

• yamaha.dude

Posted October 05, 2002 - 03:35 PM

'Faster' huh? What a nice subjective term that is...

If you want a 'faster' engine, do the YZ timing mod... if you want to accelerate 'faster', get a bigger back sprocket, if you want to go 'faster' in top speed on the straight bits, get a smaller back sprocket...

If you want to get faster lap times, then work on your fitness & technique...

Cheers,

David

• madmanuk

Posted October 06, 2002 - 09:30 PM

yo thanks for that mate :)

• yamaha.dude

Posted October 06, 2002 - 10:57 PM

No problems... LOL that advice of mine is worth about as much as you paid for it... LOL

I know there are a couple of lads from the UK on this side of TT, haven't seen them post for a while, Taffy and Guy, they may have some clues for you... I presume you could get most of the same brands that the US guys talk about on the board... Does noise bother you?, there are plenty of noisy pipes out there... do you want maximum weight savings? I have the stock pipe on my bike - though the dealer is always trying to sell me a Titanium one every time I go in for oil or chainlube... LOL

Good luck, are there many Dirt Bike magazines in the UK, that originate in the UK? they might be your best bet for the local availability and suitability...

Good luck,

Cheers,

David

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.