XR accessories, show 'em

34 replies to this topic
  • AtomicGeo

Posted November 18, 2007 - 10:23 PM

is that a, WINDSHEILD???? LOL!:busted: :thumbsup:

Yeah, a Maier universal cheapy for $60...helps a little bit to keep wind off chest....It's in pieces now anyway. :ride:

• Rman of 237

Posted November 19, 2007 - 12:17 AM

Come on rodrigeo, the before pic is as important as the after!! We won't laugh.:lol: :lol:

No, we want to see the bike right after the biff then see the fix.:busted: Again we promise not to laugh.:thumbsup: .........:ride: :lol:

• AlwaysWot

Posted November 19, 2007 - 12:42 AM

OK here ya go.

Cooling fan. Hasn't over heated once since I installed it.

Posted Image

Where did you get that fan?
Is there any plug'n'play kit available?
Where did you connect yours? Did you put any thermostat do control the temperature or it's always on?

• husky123

Posted November 19, 2007 - 09:12 AM

OK, farkled:

Posted Image

Here's me before I biffed last weekend:
Posted Image

:thumbsup:

Looks pretty friggin' clean to me. What chou talkin' bout.

• LeadDoggy

Posted November 20, 2007 - 06:22 AM

Accessories include:

Honda Speedo with resetable trip meter
Posted Image

Gecko 101 GPS and Maier water bottle
Posted Image

Upgrades include:
XR Only steel pipe (mistake), Baja Designs lighting kit, IMS footpegs, handlebar risers
Posted Image

Posted Image

• Rockjockey

Posted November 20, 2007 - 10:48 AM

See "My Garage for listed modifications to the 440 and the 650L.
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

• Rman of 237

Posted November 20, 2007 - 02:14 PM

Whoa, now thats a peach!!:thumbsup: :ride:

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • bigredxr

Posted November 20, 2007 - 06:08 PM

http://www.flickr.co...gel/2024143392/:thumbsup:

• TexasXR650L

Posted November 20, 2007 - 07:03 PM

Thanks guys, ive gotten alot of really good ideas so far! Wow, so much to do now, its gonna be fun fixing this beast up. Hopefully this thread will keep going and more idead will come. Keep 'em coming guys! :thumbsup: :ride:

• bosshog

Posted November 20, 2007 - 07:12 PM

Where did you get that fan?
Is there any plug'n'play kit available?
Where did you connect yours? Did you put any thermostat do control the temperature or it's always on?

I got it from a bike wreckers. Off a street bike of some type. It looks almost the exact same size as a DRZ 400s fan if you can find one of those. Wired it to the battery (Baja Design kit) and run it through a toggle switch behind headlight with an inline fuse. I made a couple of mounts to attatch it where the CA model smog crap goes on the right side rad. Don't need it very offten but sure is a life saver when I do. Like I said if you could find some one that would part with a DRZ fan cheap it looks like the perfect size. No plug and play kit availible that I know of but it's an easy DIY job. Hardest part is finding the fan. The few wreckers I went to had boxes of them just lying around, cost about $10. The smaller the better as it's a tight fit in there.

• quicksilver

Posted November 22, 2007 - 04:31 PM

What is the design purpose of the "elephant ears"? If I wanted to climb high on the front I suppose they keep my legs off the head but is there a "air funnel" effect they were after?

How much weight can really be pulled off an L ? Doesn't seem like much....

• smicer

Posted November 22, 2007 - 09:57 PM

here's my beloved and current pig.not for the faint hearted..its dirty,it has high milege on the bike,and it still runs..
for long rides
Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

and for the tight stuff
Posted Image
Posted Image

and at the moment,for everyday life
Posted Image

seems so strange that it has done so much justice yet i haven't even fit an aftermarket triple clamp..
however,next project is to fit the dual mufflers of CRF250R..:thumbsup:

accessories :
Acerbis 25ltr sahara tank
clark 16ltr tank
Works Connection Frame guards
Devol Radiator guards
Takasago Excel rims
Braking Discs front and rear
FMF powerbomb header
Renthal Fatbar
Acerbis Multiplo handguards
Whipps Alu bashplate
K&N airfilter
Mods :
Rallye fairings
Passenger footpegs
Rack
Added seat foam
KTM radiator fan

• martinfan30

Posted November 23, 2007 - 11:32 AM

What is the design purpose of the "elephant ears"? If I wanted to climb high on the front I suppose they keep my legs off the head but is there a "air funnel" effect they were after?

How much weight can really be pulled off an L ? Doesn't seem like much....

looks and a little cooling effect.

i have a box of shaved off pork fat that weighs about 30 pounds.

• elrontx

Posted November 23, 2007 - 03:12 PM

looks and a little cooling effect.

i have a box of shaved off pork fat that weighs about 30 pounds.

30lbs what did you take off?

• husky123

Posted November 23, 2007 - 04:24 PM

The problem with that box of 30 pounds you took "off" is that you put something back on. You are running a gas tank right?

Metal gas tank with wings off - plastic one back on. Thirty pounds if A LOT of weight to take off the L.

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.