What kind of Aluminum Handguards to buy?

7 replies to this topic
  • MANIAC998

Posted March 28, 2002 - 04:53 PM

I'm going to be purchasing handguards soon, and would like all of your inputs towards which ones I should consider. All of the ones I have seen, everybody cuts there clutch lever down to make them fit. I hope to not to have to do that. What do you guys think?

• james_gt

Posted March 28, 2002 - 05:00 PM

Enduro Engineering makes wonderful alumnum bark busters. They are roomy and you dont have to cut down the clutch. They also sell plastic guards that fit over the aluminum guards to give even better protection. I have heard some incredible things about them. You can check the ou at http://www.enduroeng.com/

• MANIAC998

Posted March 29, 2002 - 01:08 AM

Thanks James-GT. They do look like a good buy. Do you own a set?

• MOmilkman

Posted March 29, 2002 - 04:45 AM

I have a pair of EE. They are great.

And the plastic brush guards are indestructable.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • MANIAC998

Posted March 29, 2002 - 07:11 AM

MO Milkman, those are the exact words I wanted to hear! My riding style demands the best!! Thanks for the info.

• Tim_in_WA

Posted March 29, 2002 - 07:28 AM

I use the Acerbis Ralley Pro handguards, and really like them. I like my clutch lever fairly low, so it actually rests below the bottom of the handguards, so no interference. Very strong handguards.

• YAMAKAZE

Posted March 29, 2002 - 02:19 PM

I use the GYT-R Aluminum Guards, They work great but are on the expensive side with the Tripple Clamp mounts.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Bonzai :)

[ March 29, 2002: Message edited by: YAMAKAZE ]

• MANIAC998

Posted March 31, 2002 - 10:01 PM

Yamakaze, thanks for the info and photo's. They look pretty trick. I guess I'll either try EE's or GYTR's. Thanks guys

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.