Rear Master Cylinder upgrade

2 replies to this topic
  • cpjones1231

Posted November 17, 2007 - 06:21 AM

DOes anyone know, or has anyone swapped a new style rear MC from say an 04/05 YZ250f to a 98 YZ400F?? My pipe is melting the resevoir on the old style setup and I think if a newer style MC would fit I wouldnt have this problem.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • grayracer513

Posted November 17, 2007 - 08:47 AM

I have made this swap to an '01 before, and it worked fine. The only problem was the lug that originally mounted the plastic reservoir was in the way, and had to be cut off, and that the cover cannot be removed from the master cylinder while it's bolted in place. You must pull the upper bolt and rock the cylinder back to check or add fluid, as when you are bleeding it. Otherwise, it makes a good upgrade.

• Birdy426

Posted November 17, 2007 - 01:56 PM

Here's a pic of an 04 master cyliner on my 01 WR426. If you have frame guards, they won't fit right with the newer master, but a set from an 03-05 YZF can be modified to work. As Gray said, it's a good upgrade.

Posted Image

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.