WR450 or the KTM 530 EXC???

22 replies to this topic
  • luv2ride307

Posted November 24, 2007 - 08:13 AM

well i have a WR and I love it. I think my next bie will be a KTM 530 just because KTM makes that big displacement bike and I'm a bigger guy.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • woodsk

Posted November 24, 2007 - 01:31 PM

After owning two WRs I was positive that my next bike was going to be an 08 WR, but here in PA the DMV regs were changed to make it much more difficult to plate a dirt bike. If I don't have a plate my riding is cut in half and there is virtually no winter riding.

KTMs are excellent bikes if the new WRs were plated and the new KTMs were less $$$ then it would really be a coin flip for me. As it is a new EXC is plated from the shop and that makes up for the cost delta for me.

you have to tune the intake and exhaust on all modern 4 strokes no matter if they are blue, orange, green or red, they will be lean and clogged up. sure the wr is a little more plugged up than others but it only equates to an extra half hour in the garage.

So later this year I will be on a bright orange beast, but if I could plate a WR then I would stick to the blue

• tonymillertnt

Posted November 24, 2007 - 10:21 PM

Hi Cade,
Got an '07 WR450 at Vickery in July. Very nice...had the std mods done and had a little suspension work done. 3rd WR for me...I have ridden a KTM, [450EXC], felt comfortable, handled well, owner said it was back at Fay Myers quite a bit for wrench work.
Plating was a breeze and they are reliable as hell...that was my tie-breaker.
If the dealers won't let you ride one, contact me...

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.