Before you go out and buy 400+ clamps try this..

13 replies to this topic
  • Slinkyman16

Posted November 16, 2007 - 05:37 PM

Hey fellow TTers,

Before you guys go out and buy some new 400+ clamps to alter your offeset try spending 50 bucks and pick yourself up either weapon mx g foam or some Evomx tank foam. I just picked some Evomx tank foam not expecting much, but damn i was impressed in how much of an imporovement this made to my handling.. the bike feels completley diffrent. Light nible and it corners like its on rails(acutally cought me off gaurd a few times as i looped the bike around comming off turns that i typically have to power through). anyways i know the intital price tag is steep but if your contemplating on spending the money for offest clamps then try this first.. then again everyone has a different riding style..

i will be doing a full review on this product later on as well

Josh

• todds924

Posted November 16, 2007 - 06:24 PM

Hey fellow TTers,

Before you guys go out and buy some new 400+ clamps to alter your offeset try spending 50 bucks and pick yourself up either weapon mx g foam or some Evomx tank foam. I just picked some Evomx tank foam not expecting much, but damn i was impressed in how much of an imporovement this made to my handling.. the bike feels completley diffrent. Light nible and it corners like its on rails(acutally cought me off gaurd a few times as i looped the bike around comming off turns that i typically have to power through). anyways i know the intital price tag is steep but if your contemplating on spending the money for offest clamps then try this first.. then again everyone has a different riding style..

i will be doing a full review on this product later on as well

Josh

I know the Weapon MX guys. We were at an Industry ride day at Competitive edge and they were there giving out free tank foam. I tried a 15 minute moto without and then a 15 minute moto with the foam. I wouldn't say its "ALL that", I could tell a little difference but not worth the money they wan't. I got mine free, thats the only reason its still in my 06. My 08 has nothing. It is also a pain in the ass to see how much fuel is in your tank with the foam. Whatever, to each his own.

• Slinkyman16

Posted November 16, 2007 - 06:58 PM

The only diffrence between the weapon mx and the Evomx foam is that the Evo comes in square chucks.. instead of strips. and only uses 1% of the tank compared to 4%. for me it really did make a huge improvement. i guess its my riding style but i felt more comfortable and charged harder into turns then before.

• todds924

Posted November 17, 2007 - 06:34 PM

The only diffrence between the weapon mx and the Evomx foam is that the Evo comes in square chucks.. instead of strips. and only uses 1% of the tank compared to 4%. for me it really did make a huge improvement. i guess its my riding style but i felt more comfortable and charged harder into turns then before.

Thats good if you noticed a difference. Do you think you would have really felt the difference if you didn't know it was put in. You know, like a blind test?

• Slinkyman16

Posted November 17, 2007 - 09:52 PM

Yeah, I did a back to back comparision yesterday(not only with my bike, but another bone stock 07 450).. i also didnt install it untill mid day after 2 30 min motos. it was a significant improvement over stock.. but like i said in my orginal post, it could be my riding style. it may not be for everyone but for 50 bucks it is well worth it. it saved me a couple hundred already.. i was planning on buyin applied 24mm clamps but now i dont need it.

• todds924

Posted November 18, 2007 - 06:59 PM

Yeah, I did a back to back comparision yesterday(not only with my bike, but another bone stock 07 450).. i also didnt install it untill mid day after 2 30 min motos. it was a significant improvement over stock.. but like i said in my orginal post, it could be my riding style. it may not be for everyone but for 50 bucks it is well worth it. it saved me a couple hundred already.. i was planning on buyin applied 24mm clamps but now i dont need it.

I think you missed what i was saying. If there were 5 identical bikes side by side, and only one had the foam, and you rode them all, would you be able to tell which one had it? I have heard some friends say they like it and others that say it makes no difference. Thats great its working for you. Like you said, it saved you some coin.:thumbsup:

• TapptOut

Posted November 28, 2007 - 09:46 PM

Ya im intrested too here his response

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Ga426owner

Posted November 29, 2007 - 07:36 AM

needless to say I'm skeptacle......tank foam eh?

• almostinvincible119

Posted November 29, 2007 - 08:42 AM

I have the WeaponMX tank foam in my 06 and it made a diffrence. I think that it really depends on the bike and the mods done to it. I've ridden an SX-f without it and an SX-f with it and it really does'nt help the KTM. So i think its depends on the bike.

• todds924

Posted November 29, 2007 - 05:52 PM

needless to say I'm skeptacle......tank foam eh?

I'm skeptical!!! I got the stuff for FREE in my 06...didn't notice any difference. Thats why my 08 has nothing.

• Slinkyman16

Posted November 29, 2007 - 06:54 PM

i thought i already answered this thread.. i guess not. For me it did make a huge impovement. but it could be my riding style that it helped the most. every bike is set up diffrent and everyone has there own style of riding. i tend to turn the bike with my right hand and the rear tire. and this stuff helped alot. be skeptical. but dont judge untill you try it yourself, you may be suprised in the results.

• Chilio

Posted November 29, 2007 - 07:56 PM

If any of you buy tank foam, please get the WeaponMX foam. The guy that started Evo used to work and ride for WeaponMX (Weapon bought him bikes and all the stuff that goes with supporting a pro rider), then he goes behind their back and starts Evo tank foam. In my book that is very low class. So support the original guys, WeaponMx.

I don't work for them or get free product, just met them at the track and they were good guys.

WeaponMX is first class guys that ride and race not just a bunch of suits, so please support them not the other guy.

The foam does work, I have had it in my last two bikes (I also paid for mine).

• Slinkyman16

Posted November 30, 2007 - 11:22 AM

i've talked the owner of evomx. also a stand up guy. but in all in all its business. i cant tell you how many companies do the same thing. work for a company long enought to get information and then branch out and create there own product. if anyone knows about video confrenceing lifesize did it to polycome and polycom did it to picturetel. its all in the name of the game. the people who make the best product gets more sales. and whats alittle compettition in the foam world.

• tw557

Posted December 02, 2007 - 08:21 AM

I was a bit skeptical about this but after some experimenting I am going to have to give it a try. I will just purchace the stuff for race car fuel cells for less then half price though. As I goofed around with a 2 gallon gas can with one gallon in it was noticable but didn't seem like a big deal. But when I played with the tank itself I noticed something different. The YZ tank, even up to 08 are still pretty much a split tank (left and Right). With a gallon in an 06 tank off the bike I rolled the tank and moved side to side in a pretty slow smooth motion. What I noticed was an extra DELAYED noticable push on the tank as I got half leaned over. This was from the fuel spilling over the center section. I could also feel stuff when the tank is moved real quick. So it would be like you get leaned over to where you want then a little extra push comed to lean a little farther. In the upright position when you slide the tank back and forth with no roll it doesn't feel too bad. This is where the YZ with the slpit in the middle might baffle the flow then.

Way to cold with snow to try for awhile though.

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.