YZ426 ... heated grip capability

4 replies to this topic
  • ninthrazor

Posted November 16, 2007 - 02:21 PM

I have a 2000 426 and I miss my heated grips on my old YZ250. I had to upgrade the stator/coil to a lighting stator in my YZ250 due to its MX nature. Will I have to upgrade the stator/coil in my YZ426 as well, du to the MX nature of this bike as well?

Are there better brands than others for stators? I have heard Ricky Stator is the best, is that realistic?

Thanks for your help.:thumbsup:

• grayracer513

Posted November 16, 2007 - 02:28 PM

The 426 has the capability of running the flywheel and stator from a WR426. You can get the Stock YZ one rewound, but they can be less than dependable at times.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • ninthrazor

Posted November 16, 2007 - 04:29 PM

Great thanks, that sounds good to me. I was wanting to up the weight of my flywheel anyway since I do 95% tight woods riding.

• yzf450jack

Posted November 22, 2007 - 08:21 PM

The stock stator has power to run heated grips , You have to do a Floating ground on the stator

• ninthrazor

Posted November 26, 2007 - 03:33 PM

Floating ground...sweet, that is even better to know. Thank you for your help.

Related Content

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.