My new ride! XR650L

15 replies to this topic
  • ant_mb

Posted November 15, 2007 - 04:19 PM

Hey guy,

I picked up my new bike a couple weeks ago. This site had been a huge help with deciding on the mods too do. So far I have done the Dave's mod, put a 14T gear up front, installed a Super Trapp, and put a Garmin GPS. Here are a couple pics of mine and a buddies.

http://s233.photobuc...honda1-1827.jpg

http://s233.photobuc...nt=DSCN2159.jpg

• dgs1958

Posted November 15, 2007 - 04:55 PM

I like the other one better :thumbsup:

• ant_mb

Posted November 15, 2007 - 05:16 PM

No you don't!:thumbsup:

• gearloos

Posted November 15, 2007 - 06:26 PM

hey congrats on the new bike!

• quicksilver

Posted November 16, 2007 - 07:39 AM

HA! What a HOOT! I bought one also. Seems Honda will have a jump in their DS sales for '07.
I drove it out and put about 30+ miles to clear out the packing grease in the motor. but at 5' 10" I am defiantly going to either lower this thing or shave the seat. Tip Toes; both feet make stop lights a bother. But I also live in a very rural area with dirt roads leading to my home. I rode that dike on the hard pack with gravel and it wanted to slip out from under real bad. It could be me but the stock tires don't seem to be so great (a whole lot better than the competition however). It's just a height thing with me though as all the other bikes I've had have never been this tall.
I keep thinking that since this is slap-smooth new that the seat and suspension should settle a wee bit. but I doubt that it will settle more than 1/2 inch.

Has anyone lowered the 650 with the Performance Designs link? I have checked out about 3 of them but the PD link seems to be a well researched unit.

• elrontx

Posted November 16, 2007 - 08:02 AM

nice bike get some dunlop 606 tires and you're all set!

• AaronBrown

Posted November 16, 2007 - 08:41 AM

Welcome welcome
Let the modding begin.

• Old Graybeard

Posted November 16, 2007 - 09:03 AM

Congrates. Don't expect that cicle to squat too much with time. I've got 4k on my 07 and I think it got taller. lol Maybe I'm shrinking.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • The Regulator

Posted November 16, 2007 - 09:09 AM

Nice looking bike!

That will be perfect for those long rides. Enjoy! :thumbsup:

• martinfan30

Posted November 16, 2007 - 10:04 AM

congrats on your new squealer! welcome!:thumbsup:

• arris

Posted February 27, 2009 - 04:15 PM

you sound happy with your bike. congrats. if you can, do me one favor and
let me know if your oil smells like fuel (gasoline). i just bought the same new bike and the dealer told me this is normal. thanks

arris

• paul246

Posted February 27, 2009 - 04:35 PM

HA! What a HOOT! I bought one also. Seems Honda will have a jump in their DS sales for '07.
I drove it out and put about 30+ miles to clear out the packing grease in the motor. but at 5' 10" I am defiantly going to either lower this thing or shave the seat. Tip Toes; both feet make stop lights a bother. But I also live in a very rural area with dirt roads leading to my home. I rode that dike on the hard pack with gravel and it wanted to slip out from under real bad. It could be me but the stock tires don't seem to be so great (a whole lot better than the competition however). It's just a height thing with me though as all the other bikes I've had have never been this tall.
I keep thinking that since this is slap-smooth new that the seat and suspension should settle a wee bit. but I doubt that it will settle more than 1/2 inch.

Has anyone lowered the 650 with the Performance Designs link? I have checked out about 3 of them but the PD link seems to be a well researched unit.

Quicksilver, I'm the same height with a 30" inseam. I'm on my toes as well, but you'll get used to it. The bike is so easy to hold upright it isn't even an issue. Now I can come to a complete stop and then go again without using either of my feet. On uneven terrain just slide to one side if you need to flat foot.

• tskellham

Posted February 27, 2009 - 07:49 PM

Nice ride. I just bought mine a couple of weeks ago and just got over 500 miles on it. Love it!

• tskellham

Posted February 27, 2009 - 07:53 PM

I hear alot of people complaining on here about it being too tall, but I'm only 5'6" and so far I haven't had any problems yet. Just asphalt so far though too, so maybe It'll be different when I finely get it in the dirt

• akarob

Posted February 28, 2009 - 06:20 AM

Does your new XRL have any trouble shifting from 2nd to 3rd? If I try to speed shift (without letting the RPMs fall down), it won't go into gear. If I pull the clutch and wait a second, it goes in no problem.

I posted about this before, people said "just break it in". I just past the 300 mile mark, we'll see.

• tskellham

Posted March 01, 2009 - 03:34 AM

I haven't had any problems shifting up but at least once or twice it hasn't shifted down into 1st at traffic lights. I'm gonna just give it some more time and hopefully it'll go away

Related Content

Forums
Photo

Engine Loping/Sputtering by tcaldwell

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   XR600/650
  • 2 replies
Forums
Photo

ignitech programmable XR650L CDI by brianhare

• Hot  60 replies
Forums
Photo

Wiseco 101MM Spark Knock Low Engine Temps by imandrewparks

• 7 replies
Forums
Photo

DirttyPig 2005 Xr650l Prroject! by braapmebb1moretime

• 22 replies
Forums
Photo

Fell Off Trailer by usafxr

• Hot  43 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.