Got a new Coil and Cap - how do u put them together?

2 replies to this topic
  • bluerock5

Posted November 15, 2007 - 03:47 PM

Bought a new coil and spark plug cap for my XR650L and they came separately - how do you put them together. It looks like you slide the wire from the coil into the yellow plug cap - but how far in do you go. Thanks for any help......

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Frank ZX

Posted November 15, 2007 - 04:08 PM

I'm not forsure,but I would coat the wire in dielectric grease and slide wire into coil as far as it will go.Hope this helps.

• jclaus98

Posted November 15, 2007 - 05:23 PM

Exactly what Frank said with the grease, then take the coil wire, screw it into the cap boot. The cap boot has a small threaded screw inside of it that contacts the coil wire. Screw that in as far as it will go, then slide the black cap over top of the wire into the seat on the boot and you'r eall set.

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.