clark tank

5 replies to this topic
  • northernryder

Posted March 28, 2002 - 03:53 AM

i just ordered a clear clark tank from the local bike shop. unfortunately, i have heard from a few people now that these tanks are not very good. is there anyone out there that can make me feel a little better about my purchase. matt.

• MOmilkman

Posted March 28, 2002 - 04:30 AM

I use the same tank, and I LOVE IT!!!

I put a IMS on my bike before the Clarke tank and I didnt like the way it fit, how it mounted up, or how you had to run the gas line.
But hey, thats just my opinion.
I think everone has expressed their opinion on this topic several times, so you might check the search the archives and you will find a plethora of information.

Good luck, and dont worry, you bought a great tank.

• mdek

Posted March 28, 2002 - 05:05 AM

I have a clarke tanke and am also really happy with it. Great fit. My friend has an ims tank and he was really bummed after he saw my tank. His fit is terrible.

Mark

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Unkle_Moose

Posted March 28, 2002 - 05:09 AM

Clark Blue Tank and it works great :)

Ride Safe, Ride Often and Have Fun :D

• MotoGreg

Posted March 28, 2002 - 05:40 AM

Just put a Clarke tank on my bike yesterday and it looks great. I had an oversize IMS a couple years ago and I didn't like how the petcock was on the right side. Also, the YZF graphics work great on the oversize Clarke tank, I'll post some pics in a day or two. The only thing you have to do is trim your graphics on the left rear side where they have the Clarke name embosed into the tank.

• MOmilkman

Posted March 28, 2002 - 08:39 AM

Originally posted by northernryder:
unfortunately, i have heard from a few people now that these tanks are not very good. is there anyone out there that can make me feel a little better about my purchase. matt.

See you got favorable responses here!

Feel better? :) :D :D

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.