Mobil 1 Racing 4T 10W-40

22 replies to this topic
  • HomerDodd

Posted July 24, 2016 - 03:02 PM

You want to talk about shearing, grinding and pounding, I have an RC51 that has a completely gear driven, flat tappet valve train. I use Shell Rotella T in there, in my XRL, my XRR, my lawn mower, my snow blower, and anyone else who's oil I change. ZERO issues, hot, cold, dyno tuning, 10,000 RPM shifts on my RC. The diesel oils have much more additives including ZDDP, which regular motor oils and motorcycle oils have less. I need this for my flat tappet cams. This is the first oil debate I've chimed in on, you can run whatever you want in your bike, the main thing is to change it often, check it often, and never use ANY oil that has "energy conserving" in the JASO (Japanese Automotive Standards Association) printed on the bottle.

Just so I understand:  JASO MA/MA2 is correct, but if it has "energy conserving" stay away from that particular brand?

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Adamthomas

Posted July 24, 2016 - 03:29 PM

That is correct. The MA is for motorcycles that share engine/trains oil, such as the XR. No friction modifiers added. The MA2 is for newer bikes with higher emissions standards/ catalytic converters.

• valvoman

Posted July 24, 2016 - 04:01 PM

You want to talk about shearing, grinding and pounding, I have an RC51 that has a completely gear driven, flat tappet valve train. I use Shell Rotella T in there, in my XRL, my XRR, my lawn mower, my snow blower, and anyone else who's oil I change. ZERO issues, hot, cold, dyno tuning, 10,000 RPM shifts on my RC. 

I run Rotella as well.  Great for the motorbikes !

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.