Electrical issues

2 replies to this topic
  • ZEKEDAWG

Posted November 14, 2007 - 08:19 AM

`http://www.thumperta...ad.php?t=570955

Basically everything works with the 12 v battery but the regulator doesn't seem to charge the battery.

I get 15-50 ac v out of the stator lead Yellow/white but as soon as I hook it to the regulator the v dropps to about 7 then out of the regulator to the battery it is at 7v.

I cna't figure it out. I am calling baja designs today, again.

edit..

I have a new regulator coming under warranty. My fingers are crossed.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • cleonard

Posted November 14, 2007 - 10:57 AM

One more thing comes to mind. The later XR600 stator has three wires. The black with red stripe is for the ignition. The other are green and yellow/white. Those two are the lighting stator. In the stock setup the green is connected to the frame and the yellow/white is the "hot" wire. When you go to the DC system the green wire MUST NOT be connected to the frame. If it is connected to the frame is basically shorts out part of the AC cycle. It would cause what you see. For DC use the two stator wires should go directly to the DC regulator and should not be connected to anything else.

• ZEKEDAWG

Posted November 14, 2007 - 08:18 PM

The green is connected to another green wire in the stock harness, i htink I will check it before I do anymore.

Related Content

Forums
Photo

93 xr650l Restoration Project by Zigster

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   XR600/650
  • 17 replies
Forums
Photo

ignitech programmable XR650L CDI by brianhare

• Hot  60 replies
Forums
Photo

Wiseco 101MM Spark Knock Low Engine Temps by imandrewparks

• 7 replies
Forums
Photo

Which thumper motor for a street tracker? by woz

Dirt Bike   General Dirt Bike Forums   General Dirt Bike Discussion
  • * * * * -
  • Hot  29 replies
Forums
Photo

DirttyPig 2005 Xr650l Prroject! by braapmebb1moretime

• 22 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.